RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 06:24:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Sega Master System - what to play 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sega Master System - what to play  (Read 1813 times)
ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:11:41 AM »

Going to be getting my first SMS(with a s-video/composite mod) in the few weeks and would like to know what people think are the better games for the system - aside from the super expensive ones.

Just want a few decent games to check out to see if its a system I want to try and collect for.

We're all victims of our gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours. - Walter Bishop
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »

Here is a link to our achieves where people have listed their favorites. Best of luck, the SMS is a great system to collect for!

http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=6502.0

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:13:49 AM »

The SMS port of Shinobi is an absolute must, if you're at all into action games.  If you like shmups, I would also recommend the Aleste games, both Fantasy Zone 1 & 2, and Bomber Raid, which is a half-decent 1943-ish vertical scroller.

ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »

Here is a link to our achieves where people have listed their favorites. Best of luck, the SMS is a great system to collect for!

http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=6502.0

Thanks!

We're all victims of our gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours. - Walter Bishop
ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »

The SMS port of Shinobi is an absolute must, if you're at all into action games.  If you like shmups, I would also recommend the Aleste games, both Fantasy Zone 1 & 2, and Bomber Raid, which is a half-decent 1943-ish vertical scroller.

Thanks for the input. I will look pick up a few of these sooner then later.. debating on getting carts only or trying fro CIB....

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »

Thanks for the input. I will look pick up a few of these sooner then later.. debating on getting carts only or trying fro CIB....

Prices for most CIB SMS games aren't too bad, so I'd recommend going CIB. I think if you didn't go at least cart and box, you might regret it down the road and then spend more to get them. Plus, the boxes are so damn RAD!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:02:32 AM »

First 4 games are..

Shinobi
Altered Beast
Global Defense
Hang On/Safari Hunt.

All CIB if you were wondering Banana.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »

First 4 games are..

Shinobi
Altered Beast
Global Defense
Hang On/Safari Hunt.

All CIB if you were wondering Banana.

That's a nice start!

ScottyDont00
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:17 PM »

Yea I wanted something to go with the light gun so I got safari hunt and global defense was in the same lot, Altered Beast is one of my favorites from genesis from when I was younger, and everyone recommended Shinobi . Stayed right around $30 shipped for the controller, lightgun, and 4 games all together. Looking at the prices on eBay I think I'm off to a good start.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 06:31:30 AM »

Phantasy Star
Zillion
Fantasy Zone
Fantasy Zone II
Penguin Land
Golvellius
Aztec Adventure
Ghost House
Quartet

^ all awesome

Alien Syndrome
Shinobi
Choplifter

^ all can be found on other systems, but are best on the Master System.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length