RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 07:20:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I got the kids hooked! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I got the kids hooked!  (Read 2981 times)
troy78
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 12:41:25 AM »

I got my 3 and 5 year old hooked on the original Zelda!  It's a great day for the gaming community (or maybe not)!  They keep asking to play it.
Awesome!  I'm looking forward to that day here.  My oldest (4) has recently gotten into Sonic 2 a bit, although she gets frustrated with games fairly quickly.  Unfortunately she appears to have my wife's gaming skills.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »

My kids are still a little hesitant to grab the sticks and play, but really love holding controllers while watching me play. My daughter is an EXTREME perfectionist and gets angry if she can't do something on the first try. I'm working with her and hope to get her playing some SMB again soon. Kudos to you and your kids!

LOL, I could say the same for my wife!  When we were heavily into the original PlayStation, she'd get stuck on some deal in a Spyro game and just hand me the controller to take care of it for her.  Nevermind that I hadn't played 50% of the game up to that point, I was just "better" at games than she was, so she assumed I could figure it out and pass that spot for her.  After about 12 tries, I usually did.

Congrats on getting your kids interested in a classic.  I did that with some of my previous foster kids, got them started on SMB, Contra, etc.  Unfortunately, the boy we've had most recently wants nothing to do with retro stuff because it's too hard.  All he wants to play is Mario Kart 8 Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length