RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:38:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Looking for video games stores near the Mall of America in MN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for video games stores near the Mall of America in MN  (Read 3900 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »

Hey all, I'll be going to the Mall of America over Christmas and was wondering if anyone knows of any Video Game stores in the area that I could check out.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:07:19 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 05:42:44 PM »

There aren't any in the mall itself, save for TWO whole GameStops. That's probably not what you're after, though.

The closest is probably Discland in Bloomington, which has a fairly decent selection and decent prices. If you're willing to go a bit farther out, Level Up Games in South St. Paul is ~10-15 minutes to the east of MoA, and is one of the better shops in the Twin Cities (and my personal favorite).

If you really want to go crazy, I also maintain a map of all stores in the area. There's a lot of solid ones.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »

About 6 or 7 years ago, there was a real nice game shop IN the Mall of America, and I picked up some PS1 and Saturn stuff there.  The shop owner was a nice guy, and had a nice setup, despite it being out in the middle of the floor.  Unfortunately, he closed up shop sometime after that.  When I was in MN on business about 3 1/2 years ago, I stopped in there and he was gone.  I don't recall there being any good game stores in the area either.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »

There aren't any in the mall itself, save for TWO whole GameStops. That's probably not what you're after, though.

The closest is probably Discland in Bloomington, which has a fairly decent selection and decent prices. If you're willing to go a bit farther out, Level Up Games in South St. Paul is ~10-15 minutes to the east of MoA, and is one of the better shops in the Twin Cities (and my personal favorite).

If you really want to go crazy, I also maintain a map of all stores in the area. There's a lot of solid ones.

Nice map!  I might check out that Level up games.  I'm mainly looking for NES games.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »

About 6 or 7 years ago, there was a real nice game shop IN the Mall of America, and I picked up some PS1 and Saturn stuff there.  The shop owner was a nice guy, and had a nice setup, despite it being out in the middle of the floor.  Unfortunately, he closed up shop sometime after that.  When I was in MN on business about 3 1/2 years ago, I stopped in there and he was gone.  I don't recall there being any good game stores in the area either.

I was there about 3 years ago and nothing was there except for stupid Gamestop.  Maybe things have changed....

SMS set complete!
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 11:54:18 AM »

This was run by Hi-Score Video Games, which still has a couple of locations, including a good sized one in North St. Paul. I miss that kiosk, though. Sad

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »

And we are on our way!

SMS set complete!
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »

Mall of America has really gone down the shitter. The stores really aren't any different than what you'll see in most malls. Camp Snoopy got replaced by Nickelodeon Universe and I can't say I'm a fan of the change. They kept the log flume intact along with the Paul Bunyan and blue ox animatronics, so the whole thing looks really out of place when everything else in the park is Nickelodeon-based.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »

Checked Level Up after trying to find it three times. Picked up a few games but there were so many more pricier games I needed that I could have gotten. Unfortunately, I'm married which sucks or I would have picked them all up. I never knew they made a Secret of Mana 2!  $100!  They also had Cheetmen II sealed for $200. When I got back to the hotel I looked it up on EBay and video game price guide and the going rate for new is $1,500!!!  I so wanted to buy it. Grrrr, being married sucks.

SMS set complete!
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »

Checked Level Up after trying to find it three times. Picked up a few games but there were so many more pricier games I needed that I could have gotten. Unfortunately, I'm married which sucks or I would have picked them all up. I never knew they made a Secret of Mana 2!  $100!  They also had Cheetmen II sealed for $200. When I got back to the hotel I looked it up on EBay and video game price guide and the going rate for new is $1,500!!!  I so wanted to buy it. Grrrr, being married sucks.

Reported to your wife.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

Ha ha. Right.

Reported to your wife.

SMS set complete!
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 11:29:15 PM »

If Cheetamen II sealed was only $200, I question the authenticity of the seal. Almost every game store I've been to sold re-seals, and to the untrained eye, they look legit.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length