RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:12:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | US Election 2008 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: US Election 2008  (Read 23517 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »

To elaborate a little on my prior posting, if you want to vote...fine. If you don't, then that's also your call. And if you want to "spoil" your ballot, that's your choice as well. It's a free country.

And "Spoiled" ballot or not, it still gets counted. When it was Bush vs Gore, I didn't like either one of them so I wrote in Jesse Ventura (too bad he didn't win Wink). But I did take the rest of the ballot seriously for the local elected offices and the proposals that could impact my community and/or taxes.

I'm of the opinion that even though statistics may show that the opposing candidate to whom I'm intending to vote for may have a "lead in the polls", that in and of itself won't stop me from casting my vote. I prefer to be counted, win or lose, rather than having no say at all in the process and let my life be decided by the results of the votes of others.

Just my $.02.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2008, 01:14:34 AM »

Just a week to go.

And it's about time too.

To those of us outside the states anyway, we're getting sick of the coverage.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »

I thought this was pretty funny: http://www.palinaspresident.us/

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »

I wish all campaigning stopped a week prior to an election.  This would enable the undecides to make up there mind.  For those who already know who there voting for it would be a nice break.  I'm sick of the last minute finger pointing, name calling, and new policy BS.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »

Lol

"Jaw the chair", "Jaw a six-pack" Cheesy
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2008, 05:11:36 PM »

My dad brought up a good point the other day about Obama. Why is he considered black? Sure he has dark skin, but his mother was white and he was raised without hiss father in Kansas with his white grandparents, so wouldn't that make him white more than anything?

I'm not trying to get into race issues with this, I'm just wondering why they call him black. Really, they shouldn't call him any particular race, just another guy running for President, same as McCain.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2008, 08:46:54 PM »

My dad brought up a good point the other day about Obama. Why is he considered black? Sure he has dark skin, but his mother was white and he was raised without hiss father in Kansas with his white grandparents, so wouldn't that make him white more than anything?

I'm not trying to get into race issues with this, I'm just wondering why they call him black. Really, they shouldn't call him any particular race, just another guy running for President, same as McCain.

If he was white he would not be running.

When shall his new form be revealed?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »

What? Back that up, and then I shall show interest.

Tell me about your variants...
The Reverend
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »

LOL
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2008, 11:40:42 PM »

Obama was on campus tonight. Went over and saw the crowd. Kind of a meh turnout, only half the stadium was filled.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »

He's of mixed race, no doubt about it. But because he's half black, the media promotes it due to the historical perspective of never having a black candidate running for President before for a major party.

I agree that they "shouldn't" call him one race or another, but the media has their own agenda and our society still has a ways to go to evolve past matters of skin color. Maybe the next black candidate will be treated more neutrally.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2008, 12:11:52 AM »

Are you daft? He totally won the primary because he's black. Tell me that if Obama looked like John Edwards he would have gotten  85% of the black vote. If Obama were white, those votes would have gone straight to Hilary. I mean, Hilary won the popular vote anyways but you know, Democrats can't trust their own public.

[img width=400 height=313]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/stefanardo/post_turtle.jpg[/img]

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:06 AM »

Are you daft? He totally won the primary because he's black. Tell me that if Obama looked like John Edwards he would have gotten  85% of the black vote. If Obama were white, those votes would have gone straight to Hilary. I mean, Hilary won the popular vote anyways but you know, Democrats can't trust their own public.

[img width=400 height=313]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/stefanardo/post_turtle.jpg[/img]

While I definately don't agree with some of your previous post in this topic. I do understand where you are coming from on this post.

Hilary was better suited to run for the dem. ( in my opinion ).  It bothers me that b/c he has dark skin, alot of the african american public will vote for him.  He's just as "white" as he is "black".   I'm not saying he's not a good canidate. I just feel Hilary would probably have been better suited.

I am not a Dem. or Rep. , I am not really to fond of either canidate.  But of the two we have to choose from. I am soooooooo on the fence.   I want to believe that Obama is for change in our country. But I just don't know.

P.S.    Is it just me or is life getting a little easier now that gas prices have been cut almost in half.   Personally for me, keep the oil prices down.  And food, supplies, services, will follow suit.    Maybe my trash company will finally take the fuel surcharge off of my bill.

Smiley
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:18 AM »

I agree with you on the fact that he wouldn't have gotten this far if he was white and seeing how close the race between him and Hilary was she probably would've won if he wasn't black. But I'd like to add that that isn't the only reason.

He also got as far as he is now because Obama stands for change. Maybe others have said they will change things too but it's harder to believe old school politicians like McCain or Hillary when they talk about "change" since they've been in the old system for so long already. Whether or not he'll actually change things is an entirely different thing; but atleast he's the most believable person when it comes to the subject "change".

A third reason why he got this far (and will probably become president too) is the economical crisis. That bought him a lot of white votes that would otherwise go to a white guy. People will let their racist believes go more easily when their money is on the line.

Just to let you know: I'd rather have Hillary as the democratic candidate and president as well, sadly that's not the way things turned out to be.
But if I had to choose between Obama and Mccain (aka Bush #2), Obama gets my support.
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »

I too would prefer Hilary over Obama for the simple fact that Bill would be in the White House and I think he would run the country through Hilary.

P.S.    Is it just me or is life getting a little easier now that gas prices have been cut almost in half.   Personally for me, keep the oil prices down.  And food, supplies, services, will follow suit.    Maybe my trash company will finally take the fuel surcharge off of my bill.

Smiley

The prices will go back up after the election, it's just a matter of how much they go back up, hopefully they'll stay at around $3 at the most.
And if they do stay down, don't expect the prices that got raised because of high gas prices to go down for at least several months. Suppliers are loving all the extra income they're getting right now, because they're basically getting paid for driving around on $4 gas when it costs them $2. So they're going to keep their high prices for as long as they can.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length