RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:22:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 803673 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2340 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! Angry

I agree. School blows.
I agree, I'm so happy 2/3 of my classes are canceled Wednesday, I'm pissed the other one wasn't though.
Also, only 7 class days left this semester Cheesy

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2341 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »

I totally sliced my thumb open at work today.  Worse yet it was a stupid mistake on my part and I feel foolish for having done so.

I was using the front end of a Don Carlos (a type of rounded putty knife) to fix a window, and was holding said window directly in the path of the blade.  Anyways, I caught my thumb just above the base knuckle.  At first I thought it would be no problem (I work with windows, and get cut by glass on a regular basis) but my boss insisted I get stitches.  Surprisingly the current clinical method for treating lacerations is guess what... SUPER GLUE!!  I've known athletes to use glue as a quick fix during games, but this seemed a deeper wound; as the doctor didn't wast an excellent opportunity to teach about anatomy and point out my exposed tendon.

Anyways, no real pain, or loss of function.

it's thinking
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #2342 on: November 24, 2008, 10:49:35 PM »

Bah, the battery on my Pocket PC is pretty much useless.

My dad gave me this thing after not using it for a while and the battery just doesn't hold a charge.  It's almost six years old too so finding a replacement battery will be impossible.
I'd been hoping to use it to keep myself organized on the go (since my phone's claimed calendar and note-taking features are totally useless) but that won't work if the battery keeps going out (especially because every time the battery goes out the unit's memory dies and I have to reinstall everything...)

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2343 on: November 25, 2008, 06:32:43 AM »

I totally sliced my thumb open at work today.  Worse yet it was a stupid mistake on my part and I feel foolish for having done so.

I was using the front end of a Don Carlos (a type of rounded putty knife) to fix a window, and was holding said window directly in the path of the blade.  Anyways, I caught my thumb just above the base knuckle.  At first I thought it would be no problem (I work with windows, and get cut by glass on a regular basis) but my boss insisted I get stitches.  Surprisingly the current clinical method for treating lacerations is guess what... SUPER GLUE!!  I've known athletes to use glue as a quick fix during games, but this seemed a deeper wound; as the doctor didn't wast an excellent opportunity to teach about anatomy and point out my exposed tendon.

Super glue was developed for this purpose.  It just happened to be a very good glue for other purposes as well.

"Cyanoacrylate is the generic name for cyanoacrylate based fast-acting glues such as ethyl-2-cyanoacrylate (commonly sold under trade names like Superglue and Krazy Glue), n-butyl-cyanoacrylate (used in the veterinary glues Vetbond and LiquiVet), and 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (used in liquid bandages such as Indermil, Histoacryl, Dermabond, Nexaband, Traumaseal and SuperBonder). Cyanoacrylate adhesives are sometimes known as "instant glues". The acronym "CA" is quite commonly used for industrial grades."

"The inventor of cyanoacrylates, Harry Coover, said in 1966 that a superglue spray was used in the Vietnam war to retard bleeding in the wounded, whilst they were being transported to hospital. As it can irritate the skin the FDA did not approve superglue's civilian medical use until 1998 when a variant called 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate was developed."

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2344 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

I did something similar to my thumb a month ago.  I was working on a pc and lo and behold too much pressure and my thumb slid across a vent fin in the case.  My thumb did not go up and over it.  I could tell I jacked it up when I watched the way my thumb slid across it.  I managed to get it to stop bleeding after a couple hours.  Some super glue and gaze and I was good to go.  Took a couple weeks to get any kind of feeling back in my thumb.  Now my left thumb smiles at you if I show you the palm of it.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2345 on: November 25, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »

I did something similar to my thumb a month ago.  I was working on a pc and lo and behold too much pressure and my thumb slid across a vent fin in the case.  My thumb did not go up and over it.  I could tell I jacked it up when I watched the way my thumb slid across it.  I managed to get it to stop bleeding after a couple hours.  Some super glue and gaze and I was good to go.  Took a couple weeks to get any kind of feeling back in my thumb.  Now my left thumb smiles at you if I show you the palm of it.

Yay, scars!!! I have lots... Tongue

In other news, I am at home. I really felt awful in German class today, so I just went to the nurse. And now, well... I am at home, relaxing with some Halls cough drops... Cheesy

Tell me about your variants...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2346 on: November 25, 2008, 02:10:06 PM »

Oh I love it when class is canceled but the professor doesn't bother to email you and you walk two freezing miles with a head cold just to see a sign that says: "class canceled" 

Oh well, off to go stand in line for my new license.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2347 on: November 25, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »

I seem to have very few classes these last weeks before christmas. With our new schedule I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon off! Shocked And I start later on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Tongue

I just counted and I only have 20 hours of classes a week. That's considerably less than last year when I had about 28-30 hours a week.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2348 on: November 25, 2008, 06:18:28 PM »

Ugh... I just took a 5 hour nap. And now I have a fever. Darn.

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2349 on: November 25, 2008, 06:37:50 PM »

Hey Ben, nice going with the knife.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2350 on: November 25, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »

Hey Ben, nice going with the knife.

w0t?

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2351 on: November 25, 2008, 09:56:53 PM »

Hydrobond stole the CTRL+v thread from Urban Ohio.

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2352 on: November 25, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »

Yes I did.  But people responded to it.  Are you opposed to forum activity, Dave?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2353 on: November 25, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »

YES I AM.

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2354 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »

Explains a lot....

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length