RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:24:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 6/17/07 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Sega's comment about the Wii?
Go Sega!  I'm a Sega fanboy.   -2 (10%)
I totally agree with Sega.  The Wii is just a fad.   -3 (15%)
Don't worry, the third party support is coming.   -3 (15%)
It will die if it doesn't get third party support.   -9 (45%)
The Wii isn't just a fad, it will defeat the PS3 and the Xbox 360.   -3 (15%)
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 6/17/07  (Read 5685 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:35:14 PM »

Do you think Sega is right with there comments about the Wii?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:43:52 PM »

I think Sega is a hollow shell that's been broken to pieces by Sammy and the mass exodus of their best people to the corners of the earth.  Sega's living on old stuff that's as old if not older then the average gaming fan.  Sega saying stuff like that holds little weight as they themselves have had little sucsess the past number of years.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:38:28 PM »

I'm a little on the fence here. I am somewhat worried that there are to many simle, easy, type games much like the DS had.  Some of the games the DS was putting out was just like a game I could play on Yahoo, or MSN FOR FREE.

I really hope that the development for the Wii gets better. I like my Wii and hope that I can get more use out of it other than Wario, and Wii Play style of games.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »

It will die if it doesn't get 3rd party support.

With Resident Evil 4 coming soon that should help. Along with the fact that Guitar Hero III will be available on the Wii.

Additionally, SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid 3 will help it. Unfortunately, a lot of games are being made for high definition/high-end which are only going to be produced on the 360 or the PS3.

Wii has gotten a great start and is the least expensive and most user-friendly, and that's what's going to keep it competitive for this generation of gaming.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:00:45 PM »

RE: 4?

As if we haven't all played that enough...

SEGA sucks but they said what I've been saying since the beginning and so I agree with them because they agree with me.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »

Agree with Sega 100%.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »

It will die if it doesn't get third party support.

If Nintendo doesn't start to get good third party games we will have the N64 and GameCube all over again.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 10:31:22 AM »

I agree with Scott. 3rd part support is needed, and the Wii could end up being another Gamecube. But, it's too early to tell.

Tan
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:55:38 AM »

I agree with Scott. 3rd part support is needed, and the Wii could end up being another Gamecube. But, it's too early to tell.

Odd technical choices and a tendancy to completely overshadow 3rd party games in favor of core franchises doesn't help either.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

OMG ARMAGEDDON FOR WII!!!

Eh i think those who have it will keep on buying their stuff.

With lack of 3rd party it might not do as spectacularly as nintendo was hoping but IMO it is already and will continue to do MUCH better than the Cube

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »

You need a response for I could care less.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »

I love the Wii, but they are doomed if they don't get third party support. So far there are only 6 games that I really enjoy for the system. I'm sure someone else has said this before, but I hope they develope a few games that require a basic controller.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

Sega and knowledge about making a console a success. They even needed EA to get the Genesis/MD a big hit.

(and I like most Sega consoles, but sometimes you better can keep your mouth shut.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 04:32:04 AM »

I think Sega is a hollow shell that's been broken to pieces by Sammy and the mass exodus of their best people to the corners of the earth.  Sega's living on old stuff that's as old if not older then the average gaming fan.  Sega saying stuff like that holds little weight as they themselves have had little sucsess the past number of years.
Well said Cheesy

It will die if it doesn't get third party support gets a big tick.
The Saturn had awesome 1st party titles, but a lack of 3rd party support kills any system, and I doubt the Wii will be an exception.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 09:02:58 AM »

Well said Cheesy

It will die if it doesn't get third party support gets a big tick.
The Saturn had awesome 1st party titles, but a lack of 3rd party support kills any system, and I doubt the Wii will be an exception.
Actualy, the Saturn had incredable 3rd party support.  Problem is, no one felt the need to bring it to the states or Europe.  You yourself should know that with your collection as well.

I'm not exactly sure it'll die without 3rd party support either because if anything, neither the N64 or the Gamecube died from lack of support.  Were they industry sales leaders?  No.  Did Nintendo discontinue them early in their life cycle to try creating a new system to try turning a profit?  No.  They were profitable systems even if they took a back seat to other systems.  The Wii wont fail simply because many gamers from across the board enjoy it.  Hardcore Nintendo fans, gamers tired of so called graphic pushes, and casual gamers both enjoy it.  Myself, I'd like it if there were more games released that didnt use mini-games as their strong point though.  As much as I hate to admit it, Tiger Woods is my favorite game on the system.  An EA title, now that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Sega's lost alot of my respect they had.  They used to release great games on the Dreamcast and for a short time they did once they became 3rd party.  Now, they dont.  Aside from the handheld stuff, what was the last great game released by Sega?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length