RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:36:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | British Revoke U.S. Independence 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: British Revoke U.S. Independence  (Read 6764 times)
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

Bud and Miller
Thank you for proving my point about people outside the US only knowing of Bud and Miller. Smiley

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:44 AM »

What else is there, genuinely? In England we get quite a variety of different stuff impoted in from all over the place, but the only US lagers I can think of are Bud and Miller. When I went to Florida we got some called Busch which I think is probably the same as Bud.  Is Rolling Rock American? (If it is, that's crap as well). Do you have bitter over there or is it all lager?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »

What else is there, genuinely? In England we get quite a variety of different stuff impoted in from all over the place, but the only US lagers I can think of are Bud and Miller. When I went to Florida we got some called Busch which I think is probably the same as Bud.  Is Rolling Rock American? (If it is, that's crap as well). Do you have bitter over there or is it all lager?

Busch and Bud are the same company.  (They are both made by http://www.anheuser-busch.com/)

When most Americans think of foreign beer, the large brands pop into their minds.  Stuff like Heineken and Warsteiner is very common over here.  There are also a lot of beers that people expect to be European imports, but are actually made by one othe major Canadian breweries or one of the major American breweries.  I would bet that most people that drink Blue Moon think it is imported. 

There are some amazing beers made in the US.  Most of them are microbrews and I would be surprised if any of the small breweries exported.  Sam Adams makes some very good stuff.   (If you can, pick up the holiday pack.)  Other amazing microbrews: Great Lakes, Christian Moerlein

Yes Rolling Rock is American and yes it is pretty much crap, but it's also pretty cheap. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »

I was curious, as I enjoy a good drink (who doesn't), and used to drink Bud all of the time when I first started going out when I was about 16-18, but into my 20's I realised I really didn't like it and you never really see any other lager or bitter from the US over here. We get all of the Bud variants obviously but even Miller is probably only in 1 in 20 pubs.

The usual draft lagers in England are Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, Stella Artois (AKA wifebeater to its may fans) and Warsteiner. There are others but not in much frequency, such as Castlemaine XXXX, Bud, Miller, Heineken and the like.
Tan
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »

In Canada Labatt's makes our version of Budweiser so it's never thought of as an American beer and it tastes different than the American stuff. Others like Guiness are also made here as well as opposed to imported though most people don't know how to drink it anyway. I'll stick with my Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, local stuff that's as common here as milk.  Cheesy
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »

19.  You must tell us who killed JFK.  It's been driving
us mad.
A CIA trained Mongoose named Larry.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »

19.  You must tell us who killed JFK.  It's been driving
us mad.
A CIA trained Mongoose named Larry.

Thank you!

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »

Well most of them 2new rules" are bollocks you dont want that bastard Tony Blair in charge shit even we dont! you do need some round abouts there and to drive on the proper side of the road all them sodding traffic lights drive me made stop start even 500 yards.

Saying that Metric sucks cock its gay French and gay Feet, inches and miles are the right measurements that we have and should always use saying that the metric money we have is gay too.

and the Beer thing i think is the same as the Sony thing the ones with all the money are the ones that mos6t people will have heard off.

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 03:54:29 AM »

If the British did revoke U.S. independence, the U.S. would laugh, pat Britain on there head, and ask Britain to "Get back in the backseat, Daddys trying to drive"

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 02:46:30 PM »

Is it wrong that reading this makes me want to watch Shaun of the Dead ?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »

Yes, I mean no, I mean let's go to the Winchester.

aww bloody hell now I've got to watch it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »

Isn't Shaun of the Dead one of the best films ever. I saw a trailer for Hot Fuzz at the cinema the other night (whilst watching Borat) which too looks quality.

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 05:23:47 PM »

Well its a small fact that allot of Americans dont know is that Shaun of the Dead is just like real life here in sunny old England but we cope with multiple cups of Tea having a giant pair of bollocks and lots of swearing.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »

but we cope with multiple cups of Tea having a giant pair of bollocks and lots of swearing.
Just the one pair?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

Mmmm.... Great Lakes Dortmunder....

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: