RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 06:38:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Console checklist ideas... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Console checklist ideas...  (Read 5024 times)
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:09:17 PM »

I have a few ideas that could be added as platform checklists. I would add submissions to all of these:

V.Smile Motion: We already have to V.Smile Baby & the V.Smile, so why not?

Arcade: It would be awesome to add arcade machines to the site.

GP2X Caanoo: Another Game Park console

Desura: You already have Steam & OnLive on here, so why not Desura? It is pretty much steam with different games.

Perhaps we could remove the V.Tech Learning pad? Its not even a video game system, all it is is something that reads books to you.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:21:46 PM by Am4zingGam3r » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:52:09 AM »

VS Motion - makes sense. But I think the db is missing many of the releases.

Arcades - in the pipeline... Eventually it gets brought up all the time. EDIT Then agai. Maybe not... We have even had some arcade collectors express concern with the ability to correctly track them. /EDIT

Caanoo - can get added. Shadow can give final word. I'm on a cell and can't look into it.

Desura I am not familiar with. I assume it is another delivery platform like Origin and the scores of other download services. Onlive was initially added because of the hardware.
I have been lobbying for digital titles to be moved into their own DB with there own folder in user collections.

I requested the removal of the learning pad ages ago.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:10:18 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »

VS Motion - makes sense. But I think the db is missing many of the releases.

Arcades - in the pipeline... Eventually it gets brought up all the time. EDIT Then agai. Maybe not... We have even had some arcade collectors express concern with the ability to correctly track them. /EDIT

Caanoo - can get added. Shadow can give final word. I'm on a cell and can't look into it.

Desura I am not familiar with. I assume it is another delivery platform like Origin and the scores of other download services. Onlive was initially added because of the hardware.
I have been lobbying for digital titles to be moved into their own DB with there own folder in user collections.

I requested the removal of the learning pad ages ago.

Thanks, Izret!

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

I think you guys may be confusing the Learning Pad with something else.  I added it a couple of years ago but never got around to adding the hardware or carts I have for it.  It is as much a Video Game as any of the other educational consoles we have.  Here's a picture of mine and the two carts I have for it.

* LearningPad_S.JPG (86.22 KB, 500x375 - viewed 369 times.)

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »

I think you guys may be confusing the Learning Pad with something else.  I added it a couple of years ago but never got around to adding the hardware or carts I have for it.  It is as much a Video Game as any of the other educational consoles we have.  Here's a picture of mine and the two carts I have for it.

OOOOOHHHHH I was thinking LEAP PAD

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »

My fault for not adding the hardware & carts with images to avoid any confusion!! 

And I would like to see V-Smile Motion added too, I have that system CIB and a couple of games that should be in the db.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »

Give me the appropriate details folks and it can be done. Need to know available regions, manufacturer name, console name for starters.

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

Give me the appropriate details folks and it can be done. Need to know available regions, manufacturer name, console name for starters.

V.Smile Motion is from the US, & The Caanoo is from Korea

V.Smile Motion: V.Tech

GP2X Caanoo: GamePark Holdings

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »

V.Smile Motion's added. I'll need to track down the Caanoo details just for verification, though I'm pretty sure what you have is correct based off the other GP2Xs.

Also, to whoever added the Learning Pad to the DB...Learning Pad is not an abbreviation. Kthnxbye.

EDIT: Caanoo added. Please add hardware and software for the two new consoles. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:37:24 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:29 PM »

V.Smile Motion's added. I'll need to track down the Caanoo details just for verification, though I'm pretty sure what you have is correct based off the other GP2Xs.

Also, to whoever added the Learning Pad to the DB...Learning Pad is not an abbreviation. Kthnxbye.

EDIT: Caanoo added. Please add hardware and software for the two new consoles. Thanks.

Thank You!

EDIT: I tried submitting the Console under the region Korea, but it said it is not available in Korea
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:56:47 PM by Am4zingGam3r » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 10:59:43 AM »

Thank You!

EDIT: I tried submitting the Console under the region Korea, but it said it is not available in Korea

It can take a few hours for it to propagate through the databases. Try now.

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »

Thank You!

It can take a few hours for it to propagate through the databases. Try now.
Thanks!  EDIT still not working
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:40:04 PM by Am4zingGam3r » Logged

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »

Found another platform... The Pandora!!!! Made by OpenPandora.
Released in the US, Canada, Euroupe, the UK, Ireland, and Japan

HUUUUGE Homebrew market for it!

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 01:41:23 AM »

Found another: The Interton VC4000

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »

Pandora was strictly an open-based Linux handheld, and the Canoo had no games released for it.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length