RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 03:14:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What type of 3DO should I get? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What type of 3DO should I get?  (Read 1689 times)
Shadow Wraith
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »

I have heard that the Japanese versions can play any game, but that the US versions can't play all games? Any advice?

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »

Not sure on the region free of the us version.  As for players I recommend the FZ-10.  I've had mine since the 90's without a problem.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »

The 3DO is one of few CD-based units that feature neither regional lockout nor copy protection, making it easy to use for pirated software.[9] Although there is no regional lockout present in any 3DO machine, a few Japanese games cannot be played on non-Japanese 3DO consoles due to a special kanji font which English language consoles could not read. Games that did not and still had compatibility issues include Sword and Sorcery (which was released in English under the title Lucienne's Quest), the adult video game Twinkle Knights and a demo version of Alone in the Dark.

FZ-10 if using the US version.

Shadow Wraith
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »

What about the Japanese version? FZ-1 or FZ-10?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length