RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 12:33:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Getting stickers off Labels 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting stickers off Labels  (Read 1235 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »

How do you get stickers off paper labels? My Goodwill likes to stick the price tags on the label instead of the plastic when they put out game carts.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »

If they are the laminated type, it is very easy with a light coating of Goo Gone. If they are not laminated, ugh, you can try the blow dryer trick.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »

Here's how you do it: very carefully.

I usually end up just slowly scraping bit by bit with my thumbnail, and then a light cleaning with some alcohol to get any residue off.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »

i usually find wd-40 works really well to loosen it up including residue, just keep it away from the edges of the label...those are what absorb liquids the fastest on most labels. once you have the main chunk of the sticker off if necessary use a small flathead screwdriver to lightly scrape away the remaining residue. then do another quick cleaning with some alcohol on a q-tip (helps to get rid of the slimy feeling of the wd-40) and then a damp mr clean magic eraser or cloth to clear everything away. i've done that with quite a few labels without doing any major damage...the worst you can get is a stain if you let much of the liquid hit the edge of the label, just make sure to wipe up anything that goes near the edge really quick with a dry cloth or towel.

the first 2 pics in this album show how well this works:
https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=3&l=b74e8bc032
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »

This is the what I'm talking about if anyone needs a pic

[img width=700 height=525]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/shobonimaster/IMG_4137.jpg[/img]

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »

With those kind of price tags I'd go with NES_Rules method. They  can typically be peeled off quite well and then you might have a little bit of extra residue to remove afterwards.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »

ya those types aren't usually too bad, i would be surprised if you had much trouble with it
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »

Hair dryer and goo gone will sort that out, no worries.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length