RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2024, 10:19:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | How long can you sit and play a game for without a break? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How long can you sit and play a game for without a break?  (Read 3989 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »

I know we have all had those marathons when you stay up all night or play throughout most of the day and into the evening.  That's not what I'm talking about.

I was playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 last night and as much as I like it and want to finish it, I find that I can't bring myself to play it for more than a few hours at a time.  It might depend on the type of experience because I can play Skyrim all day long.

I was wondering if anyone else has any other type of game that they genuinely enjoy but only in smaller doses.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »

Bioshock was the first game ever to give me motion sickness. I had to pace myself a lot with that game.

Just about any strategy game I play I usually break between missions.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »

I'll spend tons of hours plopped in front of pretty much anything. I've had 5+ hour sessions of Strategy, RPG, Puzzle, Sports, Platformers, Fighters and Shmups all in the last couple months.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »

I'll spend tons of hours plopped in front of pretty much anything. I've had 5+ hour sessions of Strategy, RPG, Puzzle, Sports, Platformers, Fighters and Shmups all in the last couple months.

Yeah, but you're a Terminator.  A mimetic poly-alloy.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »

Yeah, but you're a Terminator.  A mimetic poly-alloy.

Its amazing how many games you can beat when you dont have to sleep Tongue

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »

I dont think I have the stamina to marathon zapper or power pad games though........ yet!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »

When I get a chance to play a game I'll play till:  I have to go to the bathroom, or I start to get drowsy.  Usually a couple of hours.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »

I play forever and ever until my pants are soiled and I have eaten my desk.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:36:14 AM by The Maligned Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »

Depending on the game, I can usually power through until I get really far in the game, or beat it outright.  Certain games, however, I can't play for more than an hour or so.  Dead Nation is a good example.  I really like the game, but I can't play it for longer than one or two missions at a time.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »

i can usually handle a decent length marathon of gaming, but not always on only one game. i can normally do 4-6 hours in a sitting, sometimes more, but on average i would say 2 or 3 is closer to normal, when i have the time for it.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »

I don't play games very often. I don't even consider myself a gamer anymore. When I do get around to gaming I may play for about two hours at most. Usually I booze it up when I game so that usually causes me to pass out early. For some reason the more booze I have the lower my score gets. Sometimes two T.V.'s can appear right next to each other.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:13:38 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

For some reason the more booze I have the lower my score gets.

I thought this was law. But there are exceptions. I very vaguely remember being completely trashed and completely dominating a match of Halo 3 with like 35 kills.

Most of the time its really sloppy and running around and getting like 3. Or playing a game that would be easier sober and doing terribly.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

Its pretty much a Friday night tradition for me. Games and booze. I never play any online multi-player games if I booze. Hell I rarely play them sober. Usually I play some Genesis games or something retro. I can still beat Sonic 2 in a half hour while boozing. So Friday night is really the only time I get into a gaming session.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »

When I was younger I would stay game from 9pm to about 8 or 9am throughout the weekend with only minimal breaks for food and... waste removal.  I would switch between whatever what hot on PS2, Counterstrike and Ultima Online. 

These days with the second child I will fall asleep if prone for more than an hour after 9pm.  In fact last nights gaming session with Swords and Serpents ended with me passed out after only thirty minutes.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »

The longest session that I can recall was with Goldeneye 007 on the N64 back in the late '90s. Had a few friends over for a sleepover on a Friday night after school. Not sure exactly how long we played but it was something like 22 hours straight. Only stopped for a quick bite and bathroom breaks. After that my parents yelled at me to stop playing that damn 'Nintardo' as they called it. After bloodshot eyes we finally all just passed out. Damn I miss hanging out with friends and playing split screen multi-player. Damn kids nowadays don't hang and game. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length