RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 05:09:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Quick Question 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 1370 times)
GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »

Hi all, I am new to rfgeneration, and I collect Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games. The question I have is, the checklists for those systems, how frequently are they changed? Would it be worth printing the pages out, or are games added frequently? I am asking because I do not want to waste ink and printer paper, if games all the time. Thanks for any feedback!

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »

Games are added as often as people find new games that are missing from the database. I wouldn't say that we're adding 100s of games per month, so you should be safe, but the database is far from complete.

GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »

Thanks for that. Is there any way that I can be notified if a new game is added? otherwise, how would I be able to tell if a game is added?

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »

I would imagine that the US release list at this point would be fairly comprehensive, but that is the fun of the lists. When you find new items you can submit that info to expand it for others! Welcome aboard.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »

Thanks for that. Is there any way that I can be notified if a new game is added? otherwise, how would I be able to tell if a game is added?

We don't do notifications right now for new additions, unfortunately. The only way you'd know would be to check back every so often to see.

GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »

Thanks to the both of you. I guess I will print them out, because I cannot think of any game that isn't on the list already. Thanks again, to the both of you!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »

Thanks to the both of you. I guess I will print them out, because I cannot think of any game that isn't on the list already. Thanks again, to the both of you!

We had a member that let us know that we were missing ~100 titles from the checklists before, and we had a few wrong entries, but I haven't seen him around for a couple months now. If you notice any entries that are wrong or missing, feel free to check back in and submit the changes to the database!

GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »

I will do that if I find anything that isn't here already.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »

I add the games that are in my collection and take a copy of that with me.  If its not on the list then I buy it.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

I add the games that are in my collection and take a copy of that with me.  If its not on the list then I buy it.
Ditto.  I also have an Ipod Touch and I like to keep an exported excel file on there.  Plus if you have an android phone there is an amazing RF Gen app.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »

^ Yes the app is awesome use it if you can.

GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 10:50:50 PM »

Hah. I don't any of that fancy stuff, I just gotta go with the old pen and paper....And about 100 bucks worth of printer ink -.- lol

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »

I use the app to check my own collection when I'm on the go.

I also build a spreadsheet on Google Docs (now Drive) that shows me everything, but this one is a bit easier to use on the go because I pick the system I'm looking for instead of scrolling through one massive document.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length