RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 10:23:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Lollipop Chainsaw: Buy or wait? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lollipop Chainsaw: Buy or wait?  (Read 3699 times)
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »

I don't generally buy stuff Day 1 unless it's a game I know I definitely want, as was the case with Catherine for me. Or, it's a particular genre or developer I want to support, like Xenoblade Chronicles, which I bought Day 1 despite not owning a Wii, because I want to let NoA know that RPGs have a place on their consoles too. I don't want Zelda ad nauseum despite how much I like the series.

In Lollipop Chainsaw's case, money's tight, and like I said, I was on the fence about this one. I'll get it eventually when I have the funds for it (and it really doesn't help that my high school's 20th reunion is upcoming).

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:55 AM »

The game is just a lesser NMH with a chick
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

I'd say wait.  Like noise said, Amazon had it for $45 pre-launch, and I think it will hit $40 MSRP by the end of July.
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

It one of the first games I've pre-ordered in a LONG time.  Can't remember the last one (if there was one).  I haven't been disappointed.  It's a great button masher and overall pretty good humor in the game.  Sparkle Power for the win!

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

I played it for around an hour at a friends house. I got bored pretty quick with it's *quirkly* setting and limited moves/scenarios. Just play God Of War and wait for the price to tumble when it gets traded in. Sidenote : does anyone else appreciate the satire in people flocking to anything with zombies in it?
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »

Sidenote : does anyone else appreciate the satire in people flocking to anything with zombies in it?

well zombie-as-symbol-of consumer was kind of the point of Dawn of the Dead so...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:41:52 PM by noiseredux » Logged

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »

my wife ended up buying this for me this week. It's a lot of fun. Kind of like No More Heroes without the odd-job sidequests. Or really, it's like Oneechanbara but with far more dept to the fighting moves. I'm really enjoying it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length