RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 05:23:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Call of Duty coming to an end? (We can hope) 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Call of Duty coming to an end? (We can hope)  (Read 3585 times)
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »

I've seen a lot of people on youtube talking about how Infinity Ward is suing Activision again. 

http://www.ibtimes.com/ar...ck-ops-2-release-date.htm

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed COD in the past, but you can only make the same game so many times.  I doubt this will be the end of COD but I'm very interested to see what will happen in the near future.  I would say Infinity Ward has made their last with MW3. Do you guys think Black Ops 2 will get pulled?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »

It won't get pulled, nor will it come to an end yet. IW will get paid damages, and Activision will continue on as normal.

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

It won't get pulled, nor will it come to an end yet. IW will get paid damages, and Activision will continue on as normal.

I agree. The money train will more than likely keep rolling. 
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »

Honestly I could care less about anything CoD related as it's the most ridiculously over-hyped game series as of lately. Anyways the comments on the link just made my day, stupid little kids should be banned from all internet use. But I got a good laugh out of it, so I thank you for this article.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »

You do realize that it's like this with every Activision franchise as of late, right? I remember all of the Guitar Hero kids acting this way, and then it suddenly vanished.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »

Of course I realize this, their all just fads, thats why I stay away from them.
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »

Honestly I could care less about anything CoD related as it's the most ridiculously over-hyped game series as of lately. Anyways the comments on the link just made my day, stupid little kids should be banned from all internet use. But I got a good laugh out of it, so I thank you for this article.

I agree. I haven't liked anything since the first modern warfare.  I just think the whole thing is funny.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy? They call it riding the gravy train.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »

As stated above, Activision will keep riding CoD until it no longer becomes profitable.  Until that point, I honestly have little desire to play the games.  I played Modern Warfare 2 and didn't think it was anything special.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »

If they kept using the original numbering, Black Ops 2 would have been Call of Duty 9. There has been a yearly Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 2 in 2005.

If Final Fantasy games were released at this pace, we would've had Final Fantasy 26 (XXVI) by now.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »

The only Call of Duty I play is Call of Duty 3 (set in WWII). When they jumped to Modern Warfare with CoD4, that's when I stopped because they were no longer supporting 4 players per TV with system link; they chopped it to 1. When I play with my friends, not everyone has a system and certainly no one has room for 8 TV's and 8 Xbox 360's in the same room. Tongue

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »

you can do split screen world at war, 2 player for sure but i think up to 4
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »

you can do split screen world at war, 2 player for sure but i think up to 4

4 players on 1 box yes. But not 4 players per box system linked (8 players playing together in the same game using only 2 TVs/2 xbox 360's/2 copies of the game; 4 players per screen).

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »

I keep having a dream Activision becomes the next Acclaim.

God I wish
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »

I keep having a dream Activision becomes the next Acclaim.

God I wish

Having less and less competitors in a market is not a healthy thing.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length