RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:18:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 47633 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 02:22:51 AM »

I let my friends buy all these overpriced games Tongue

Actually pondering buying Lords of Waterdeep. Been playing on my phone and it's a blast.

When shall his new form be revealed?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »

I Kickstarted this game and just got it in the mail yesterday. I haven't played it yet, but am really happy with the quality and have enjoyed watching the instructional videos the makers posted before and during the campaign. This is my favorite book of all time, so it's really awesome that it was made into a game. I really love the style of the artwork and I think the multiple passages from the book that were used make it all the better.

[img width=700 height=938]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/MD_zps581a8c7f.jpg[/img]

Here is a short gameplay video of a portion of the game. There is much more to it than this, but this will give an idea of what the cards look like and a portion of the gameplay.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »

I Kickstarted this game and just got it in the mail yesterday. I haven't played it yet, but am really happy with the quality and have enjoyed watching the instructional videos the makers posted before and during the campaign. This is my favorite book of all time, so it's really awesome that it was made into a game. I really love the style of the artwork and I think the multiple passages from the book that were used make it all the better.

[img width=700 height=938]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/MD_zps581a8c7f.jpg[/img]

Here is a short gameplay video of a portion of the game. There is much more to it than this, but this will give an idea of what the cards look like and a portion of the gameplay.

That's pretty cool looking.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »

Appears you can buy it for the Kickstarter price for a limited time until January 1st if anyone is interested.

http://www.mobydickgame.com/officialsite/buy/

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »

It's funny, but my family (mom & dad) were never much into board games. My in-laws on the other hand, really enjoy playing games. Mostly card games. My wife's family is going to be up this weekend, so I decided to purchase a copy of "12 Days" a Christmas themed game. I think it's going to go over pretty well and should be a lot of fun.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »

I grabbed Risk and my old Star Wars Episode 1: Queen's Gambit games from my parents. Played them both with my girlfriend, the Star Wars game is pretty involved and it took us like 5 hours combined playing time to finish. I won but it was pretty close.

Then Risk, two player is always kind of boring, we started playing and I seized N America and the S. Pacific continents in like three turns and I just called it to save us from a bunch of dice rolls while I picked her off the map.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

Tsuro is quick but fun.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »

Played a new game called Rampage last night. The theme is similar to King of Tokyo (giant monsters wreaking havoc), but instead of dice and cards there are physical buildings that you need to knock down. Drop your playing piece onto it, try to blow it over, flick cars at them, etc. It's fantastic.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »

My girlfriend got a free brand new copy of Carcassone from the coffee shop she works at. The coffee shop is across the street from a hobby/board game shop, and someone came in with the game and just left it. The person didn't come back to claim it for a month so she grabbed it.

We played it last night, good fun.

Also got Lords of Waterdeep, a Chess set, something called Quelfs, and something called Tetris Link for Xmas.

Lords of Waterdeep is a great worker placement game set in the Forgotten Realms world. It's a really solid game, easy to learn and easy to play. Best of all, the hundreds of pieces that come with it are all fitted into the board and not just in little random baggies.

Ya'll know Chess.

Haven't played Quelfs yet, it looks kind of like a Cranium knock off.

Tetris Link is kind of like connect four but seems to have relied more on selling to people who recognized tetris than on making gameplay interesting. Also, it would be better if it played the tetris theme.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

The wife got me several games for Christmas including Small World, Gloom, and Tsuro.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »

a friend bought me an official Battlestar Galactica board game for christmas that we finally sat down to actually try out over this past weekend. took forever to get all the setup and rules sorted out because we kept getting sidetracked by unrelated conversation, but once we figured everything out it seemed really good. it's semi cooperative, everyone starts as human and you all want to survive to reach the planet Kobol together, but at the same time one of you (or more if it's 4+ people play) could be a cylon. the person who's a cylon knows they are via "loyalty cards" that each person gets face down, so no one else knows who might be the cylon (if anyone). there's also a sleeper agent element where it's possible someone who was human could "become" cylon. so a lot of suspicious and subtlety involved, just like the show. i highly recommend it even if you haven't seen the show before, though that really adds to it obviously.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »

A buddy and I are trying to get a game night going where we play board games and tabletop RPGs and wargames. I have some tabletops and a couple board games, but I just got this in the mail from Amazon. Picked it up for about half off its regular price too, and the box is huge!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/gpro83/20140325_174638_zpsrtbo1umz.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »

Cleaned out a few boxes with old boardgames in them.

More standard kind of stuff on my end.

Recently played
Phase10 - My cousin said she was going to cut off my face when i finished a phase and went out before anyone got to draw a card. We like this game.

Life - Insurance is for suckers! Next spin house is destroyed by tornado.

Trivial Pursuit Jr. - Are Zebras black with white stripes or white with black stripes? Probably 10% of the questions in here still could stump us. So we rifled through the deck trying to stump each other.

Monopoly Jr - from the 90s not sure if the new version is any different. WAY shorter than Monopoly + basic math and reading as added bonus for the kids.

Sorry - thankfully was an easy transition from Trouble since they have the same basic rules. Again added bonus of being forced to read cards. Added bonus for me of no goddamn die popper.

Thinking about getting Cards Against Humanity/expansions for the next get together at my aunts.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »

Picked up CAH and all expansions. Should be here in time for Easter Cheesy

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »

Have played CAH a couple times now. It is tons of fun.

Got Boggle, Uno and Munchkin yesterday as gifts.

Munchkin i have actually played once before but i don't remember it going over too well. I think it was largely due to a group who wasn't really interested in learning the rules and the owner not being very familiar with the game and making things more confusing.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length