RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:13:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 47627 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

I believe the directions state that cards are played/acted out in order of the draw. That's the way we play anyway and makes sense. That game is brutal even if you get a good board from the onset. Fun with a good crowd. Love the co-ops.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »

Last night we played El Grande, which was kind of meh in my opinion. It didn't really click as well as other games.

We also played a round of Last Night on Earth which I thought was pretty fun. The heroes pulled out a very tight win.

When shall his new form be revealed?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2013, 09:36:58 AM »

Had some friends over on Sunday night and played a round of Formula D. Pretty fun risk/reward dice game.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »

Last night did a round of Dominion which I lost hard because I thought it was a lot longer game. Then we played Ticket to Ride and I came in third after leading the whole time (didn't take enough routes). Then we played Carcassone and I tied for first.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »

Played a bunch of Resistance last night. It was my second time playing the game and up until the third round last night I had never been a resistance player (always picked a spy card). I did actually play as resistance twice last night, twice...So out of ~15 rounds of the game I've been a spy 13 times...Someone better at math should do the probabilities of that. Granted you would need the number of players both times, but I don't remember.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »

attempted to teach my 2 and a half year old niece checkers today. didn't go too badly, she wasn't following the rules very much but that's fine, she seemed to have fun.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »

Game night tonight! We played a game of El Grande wherein I, realizing I was locked for third no matter what I did, catapulted my girlfriend into first place much to the chagrin of my friend who would have otherwise won.

Then we played Elder Sign, a stupidly complicated but pretty fun co-op game. We barely pulled off a win again Cthulu.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »

Played "Pandemic" for the first time tonight. None of us had played before, so we started with only 4 epidemic cards in the deck. We actually had no outbreaks the entire game, but still lost due to running out of player cards.  Losing this way sucked and was kind of mind-boggling, but it kind of keyed us into the strategy of the game. Sometimes you just have to let some of the outbreaks occur and develop more research facilities. Fun game, but the more I play co-ops, the more I realize that you are suppose to lose the majority of the time.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »

I am not super big on Pandemic, especially after playing Flash Point: Fire Rescue, which I think does a much better job of creating a fun-but-out-of-control scenario.

If your gaming groups ever get into higher numbers, I also recommend Kickstarting Two Rooms and a Boom, which looks like a lot of fun as well.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »

Yeah, we never have groups this big. My typical group is 4-5. I've Kickstarted a few others including Moby Dick (http://www.kickstarter.co...or-the-card-game?ref=live), Drum Roll (http://www.kickstarter.co...l-the-board-game?ref=live), and Salem (http://www.kickstarter.co...ategy-board-game?ref=live).

I've watched some video on Flash Point, but didn't know if it was something my group would be into. I'll do some more research.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

Just out of curiosity, are any of you asking for any games for Christmas? And if so, which ones?

Here is my short list:
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Small World
Gloom

Fillers:
Tsuro
Get Bit!

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »

If Rampage is out by then, that's definitely on my list. That looks sweet.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

I let my friends buy all these overpriced games Tongue

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:42 PM »

Played Kemet for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's REALLY good.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »

The wife and I were a little lit after my office party, so we stopped into a local coffee shop that was having game night. We won a game of Forbidden Island together and played about 4 games of Tsuro with some others

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length