RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:02:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Board Game Night! 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Board Game Night!  (Read 46318 times)
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »

Going to be playing my first game of Lords of Waterdeep tonight.  Been looking forward to this one.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

Played my first ever game of Munchkin (Zombie Edition) the other day. I very much enjoyed it.
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »

Played my first ever game of Munchkin (Zombie Edition) the other day. I very much enjoyed it.

my wife got that one for Christmas and we have yet to play it.  She likes zombies.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »

I couple of weeks ago I played my first game of Twilight Imperium. The time commitment is pretty crazy, but I found it was entirely worth it. It's seriously incredible.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2013, 10:20:44 AM »

I couple of weeks ago I played my first game of Twilight Imperium. The time commitment is pretty crazy, but I found it was entirely worth it. It's seriously incredible.

TI3 has been on my list of things to play for a while now.  It is a huge time commitment but I love epic space games.  You should try Eclipse.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »

TI3 has been on my list of things to play for a while now.  It is a huge time commitment but I love epic space games.  You should try Eclipse.

I've heard Eclipse described as a simpler, quicker version of TI. That sounds pretty great, but given enough time and people I think I'd rather just play TI. Perhaps they're less similar than I think, though.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »

I've heard Eclipse described as a simpler, quicker version of TI. That sounds pretty great, but given enough time and people I think I'd rather just play TI. Perhaps they're less similar than I think, though.

That seems to be the way that TI fans describe Eclipse.  I really think they acre different enough to warrant at least trying the other.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »

Since moving took some time playing:

Kazume Goddess
Super Dungeon Explore
Boss Monster

Had a pretty good time with all three. Super Dungeon Explore may need some house rules as playing as the "Consul" three times I was never close to winning.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »

Some of my favorite board games I still have are the Adams Family, pizza party, and monster mash.
I had a cool role playing type one but never had anyone to play with. I would play with the figures myself and look at all the cards. Ill have to see if I still have it.

Now your playing with power!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 12:30:20 AM »

Some of my favorite board games I still have are the Adams Family, pizza party, and monster mash.
I had a cool role playing type one but never had anyone to play with. I would play with the figures myself and look at all the cards. Ill have to see if I still have it.

Are you talking about Heroquest or Dragon Strike? Both great games and Hero Quest still has people making quests for it and for free, so its pretty cool to own a game that has been having expansions being made for it by fans for quite awhile now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:32:16 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »

Yes! That's it. Ill have to track down a box. That's so cool

Now your playing with power!
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »

Picked up TI3 in a trade a few weeks ago and read through the rule book.  There are some similarities to Eclipse but I definitely feel that they are different enough to give both a try.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

Yes! That's it. Ill have to track down a box. That's so cool

Yeah I have the game too, but I missing 3 of the combat dice. I found some random fantasy miniatures for another game at goodwill the other day, and added them to my game. I think I am going to just make up some stats for them, and add them to some adventures. That is what is so cool about the game, its really easy to add to.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:36:56 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »

Picked up TI3 in a trade a few weeks ago and read through the rule book.  There are some similarities to Eclipse but I definitely feel that they are different enough to give both a try.

I'll have to check it out. Have you played TI3 yet?

Over the weekend I finally got a chance to take a crack at Space Alert. It is...interesting. I think I might be in love with it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »

Tried out Legendary, which is a co-op deck-building Marvel game, and Epic Spell Wars. Legendary was decent for a deck-building type of game, but it's certainly more enjoyable if you're a Marvel fan. Epic Spell Wars is a quick card game where you have to RP your choice of wizard and attempt to construct spells out of cards you draw to defeat the other wizards. Interesting concept for a board game group that likes RP, and very quick to play.

http://www.cryptozoic.com...izards-duel-mt-skullzfyre

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length