RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 10:24:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | GP2X Wiz and Gizmondo 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GP2X Wiz and Gizmondo  (Read 2184 times)
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: April 20, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

Well, I was waiting to receive mine, seeing as I have, I think GamePark Holding's (successor to GamePark of the GP32) GP2X Wiz should be added to the database.  Although the Wiz is the second handheld released by GPH, it wasn't entirely an emulation and dlc-only device--two official games were released on SD cards.  Its predecessor, the GP2X, also saw the release of two "commercial" games, but they were developed and manufactured by supporters of the system and not necessarily supported by GPH, classifying them as home brew in my opinion.

Also, the Gizmondo is listed as the Tiger Gizmondo, not Tiger Telematics Gizmondo, which was in no way associated with the Hasbro company known for the uber Game.com, and other stand-alone handhelds. 

Let me know if this was of any help!

UPDATE: Here's a picture of my two aforementioned Wiz titles. They are both quasi-compilations--one main game with the addition of several classic games.  The first game was released in a plastic clam-shell type package, while the second, and last, game came in a sturdy black case similar to that of DS Games.
[img width=500 height=375]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7137/7101058573_e581670ae2.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:21:03 AM by KidA » Logged

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

Do you guys need more information by chance? 

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:53 PM »

Nope, I think that's enough information. I was just waiting to see if ApolloBoy was going to respond, since I believe he had information about the GP2X Wiz that was applicable. I'll send him a PM, and if he doesn't respond before the contest starts, I'll add the system to the database.

ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »

I don't know anything about the Wiz but I'd be in favor of adding it, even if it does only have two games.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »

Thanks Apollo. I thought we had rejected something for the GP2X previously that you were involved in, but I guess not.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

Cool cool.  There were a number of downloadable games as well that can be added with a dlc variation tag I suppose.  Once the system is added I'll of course submit supplemental info. 
Will the contest be based solely on scans?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »

Cool cool.  There were a number of downloadable games as well that can be added with a dlc variation tag I suppose.  Once the system is added I'll of course submit supplemental info. 
Will the contest be based solely on scans?

Contest is based on any type of site behavior, including posting, blogs, reviews, page edits, variation additions, scans, etc.
Things are just weighted differently based on what is most desirable for the year's contest. Details will be out shortly.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »

If it could be added during the contest, that would be great haha

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »

Updated the database information and console name to display Tiger Telematics Gizmondo.
EDIT: GP2X Wiz added for Korea. Any other countries you want enabled for this right now?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:17:13 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »

To be honest I've kinda wanted a GP2X for awhile just to have a crap ton of emulated games on the go.

Stone me if you must.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »

To be honest I've kinda wanted a GP2X for awhile just to have a crap ton of emulated games on the go.

Stone me if you must.
I thought that's what a PSP was for?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length