RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 09:24:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | What's this Japanese GBA Game? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's this Japanese GBA Game?  (Read 1887 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »

I bought a GBA case for $6.99 at Goodwill with

Donkey Kong Land(GB),
Power Rangers Time Force(GBA),
Chamber of Secrets(GBA)

and this, I know it's a Yu-Gi-Oh game, but nothing else, probably my oddest find, I wonder how it got there:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii241/shobonimaster/IMG_3675.jpg[/img]   

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters International, also known as Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »

I once found a Japanese QuackShot in a charity shop, next to PAL Sonic 1 and Space Harrier II.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:41 PM »

...I had a copy of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle with a Mega Drive manual instead of a Genesis manual in it traded to me by Wildbil here, and he picked it up from Goodwill.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »

I once found a Japanese QuackShot in a charity shop, next to PAL Sonic 1 and Space Harrier II.

...I had a copy of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle with a Mega Drive manual instead of a Genesis manual in it traded to me by Wildbil here, and he picked it up from Goodwill.

*SCOFF* Buncha third-rate wanna-bes, the whole lot of ya.

I once found six Japanese Mega Drive games at a Goodwill, and all but 2 of them were CIB. (the others were missing their manuals)  Tongue

Sadly, the one title out of the bunch that I really wanted to play-- Gunstar Heroes-- wouldn't play on my Genesis machine, even with the assistance of a Game Genie.  grrr

Go figure.
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:36 PM »

Does Japan not have the Nintendo seal of quality? I wonder if it's a bootleg cartridge.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 12:23:38 AM »

Does Japan not have the Nintendo seal of quality? I wonder if it's a bootleg cartridge.

Neither of the Japanese GBA games I own sport Nintendo SoQ's.

And I'm pretty sure both are on the level as far as authenticity goes...
...although I have nothing to go on this assumption, save for several internet photos of the carts that I've compared my own carts to.
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

Neither of the Japanese GBA games I own sport Nintendo SoQ's.

And I'm pretty sure both are on the level as far as authenticity goes...
...although I have nothing to go on this assumption, save for several internet photos of the carts that I've compared my own carts to.

Huh, good to know!

As far as I know, the easiest way to tell whether a cartridge is authentic or not is to look into the cartridge, at the circuit board just above the metal contacts. You should see a Nintendo copyright printed on the board if it's not a bootleg.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length