RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 09:17:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Which of these Famicom games are awesome? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Which of these Famicom games are awesome?  (Read 2829 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »

A local collector is selling these Famicom games.  Which ones are awesome?

999999999 in 1
Baltron
Be Bop High School
Bomber King
Booby Kids
Castle Excellent
Cosmic Wars
Crazy Climber
Dough Boy
Dragon Buster
Dragon Quest
Excite Bike
Exed Exes
F1 Race
Formation Z
King Kong 2
Goonies 1
Goonies 2
Hector 87
Higemaru
Hokuto No Ken
James Bond Jr
Kame no Ongaeshi: Urashima Densetsu
Knightmare Saga
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Nuts & Milk
Salamander
Son Son
Takeshi Chosenjo
Super Charger (boot)
Tecmo Bowl CIB
Tetris CIB
Tetris Flash
Tower of Druaga
Warpman

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:35:44 AM »

There are several great games in there.  I'd say get them all if you can get a good package deal.  The ones that stand out to me most are:

King Kong 2
Goonies 1
Nuts & Milk
Salamander (Life Force on the NES)
Son Son
Tower of Druga
Warpman
Dragon Buster
Formation Z
Castle Excellent
F1 Race

Tecmo Bowl and Punchout are pretty cool carts as well, but still have the same gameplay as their NES versions.

There may also be some other good titles in there that I am not aware of, but you probably want to stay away from any RPGs.  Again, I'd probably buy it all and try to sell what you don't like.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

Salamander, for sure. Some of those are titles you can get on the Nintendo NES here.

Takeshi Chosenjo is a horrible game, but you can watch it being played on the GameCenter CX blog I had running here.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »

Cool, thanks.  I know the girl so I might be able to get a deal.  Also, she lives in the Boston area so I can just pick the stuff up in a few weeks during PAX and she doesn't have to ship them.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »

My typical rule of thumb on Famicom games is getting those that are not only fun and/or interesting, but getting titles that were never released in the U.S.  There are some stinkers out there (like with any system), but some people like to collect them all.  If you happen to get a quote, here is a decent price guide to ensure that you aren't paying too much: http://vgstats.blogspot.c.../famicom-price-guide.html

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

Dough Boy and Hakuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star, but the one we got in the US was the second one) are especially horrible, and some of those others are just like the US releases. The ones singlebanana picked out are the same I'd recommend, but I'd add Booby Kids, Tower of Druaga, Warpman, and Exed Exes.

Make sure to know if these are pirates or legit carts. For example I'm pretty sure James Bond Jr. did not get a Famicom release, so it is probably a pirate. I wouldn't pay nearly the same price for pirates, unless they contain some fantastic pirate originals.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »

Why do you even have to ask if a game called Booby Kids is worth picking up. It obviously is!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »

Why do you even have to ask if a game called Booby Kids is worth picking up. It obviously is!

Are you saying you like kids' boobies?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »

Are you saying you don't?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

...and, this suddenly got awkward.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

Are you saying you don't?

Touche!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »

[img width=495 height=442]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5147/5741480399_74536f3097.jpg[/img]
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

This thread is full of laughs.  And potential lawsuits.
senseiman
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »

I agree with most of the pre-awkard-turn-in-the-thread posts.  That is a pretty good looking list, though a couple of titles (James Bond Jr included) are definitely pirates.  Nuts and Milk and Son Son are two of my favorite Famicom titles.  Dough Boy as Duke Togo noted above is reputed to be one of the worst games for the console, though I`ve also been told that once you figure out how to place the bombs it is actually a very enjoyable game.  Having not figured out how to place the bombs yet, however, I still don`t like it much.

Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »

999999999 in 1
Dragon Quest
Excite Bike
F1 Race
Hector 87
James Bond Jr