RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2024, 02:18:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NFL Talk 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: NFL Talk  (Read 87495 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:28 AM »

According to the EA simulation, the Baltimore Ravens will win their second Super Bowl in franchise history by beating the San Francisco 49ers by a score of 27-24.

I have a bad feeling this is gonna be a blow out.  I don't think the Ravens are ready for the read option.

When you really get down to it, God only knows how it's gonna end up. At this point, one's guess is as good as another's.

Let's just get this friggin' thing over with already.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »

I've picked against the Ravens every other round of these playoffs, so I'll stick with that strategy and pick the Niners to win... I guess that this year, you get to pick between the team comprised of homophobes and the team led by a murderer (I'm pretty sure that's what the people on TV are telling me).
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

I'm going to watch the Superbowl alone.  I hate SB parties.  Its full of broads that don't watch football and dude-broads that don't watch football either, they're just there for the chicks.  They talk during the game and they're quiet for the stupid commercials, then when the game comes back on the broads/dude-broads talk about the commercials they just saw.  "i didn't like that one" "how much do you think that one cost" "that was the best one so far" bla blah BLAH.

If you don't know what the shotgun formation is, i don't want you at my house.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »

I'm going to watch the Superbowl alone.  I hate SB parties.  Its full of broads that don't watch football and dude-broads that don't watch football either, they're just there for the chicks.  They talk during the game and they're quiet for the stupid commercials, then when the game comes back on the broads/dude-broads talk about the commercials they just saw.  "i didn't like that one" "how much do you think that one cost" "that was the best one so far" bla blah BLAH.

I'll be watching it with my best friend and a few of his family members at his place. Fortunately, we tend to be pretty quiet during the game, occasionally commenting on a particularly notable play. And when the commercials come on, it's bathroom break time. Hey, if I really wanna check out the Super Bowl commercials, I'll look at them on YouTube.

Oddly enough, although most of his family members are Raiders fans and the rest support the Niners, my friend follows the Dallas Cowboys. I asked him how the hell that happened, and he told me that not even he knows why he chose Dallas. Needless to say, I'm guessing he's rooting for Baltimore so the Niners don't overtake the Cowboys on the Super Bowl tote board.

If you don't know what the shotgun formation is, i don't want you at my house.

I'm aware that 49ers head coach Red Hickey developed and used a modern form of it back in the early 60s. Following its debut in the 49ers playbook, it led to an upset of the Baltimore Colts and a string of lopsided 49ers victories until the Bears found and exploited a weakness in the formation. It fell out of favor after that game, and wasn't really seen again until Tom Landry dusted it off in the 1970s for the Dallas Cowboys to use.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:49 PM »

I've picked against the Ravens every other round of these playoffs, so I'll stick with that strategy and pick the Niners to win...

Now I see how it is with you...

I guess that this year, you get to pick between the team comprised of homophobes

Which is hilariously ironic, considering the city they play for.

nd the team led by a murderer (I'm pretty sure that's what the people on TV are telling me).

Now, now-- he's merely an "obstructor of justice." Don't wanna be libelous, now.

Also, he's an alleged deer-antler enthusiast.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »

Yikes. What a finish.

A bummer of a finish for the 49er faithful, but who woulda guessed they'd roar back like that after being all but buried. But even I hafta admit that, when you get down to it, the Ravens deserved to win it.

Whelp, I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in a Double Gulp of Mountain Dew while playing a few XBox games I borrowed from my best friend.

Hopefully I'll be in better spirits when the arena league season starts in late March.

Until then,

'Late
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »

Ohhh man i was biting my nails in the last minutes of the game.  Helluva effort by the 49ers to come back like that.

But they lost, so

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

NFC West is going to be stacked next season.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »

Ohhh man i was biting my nails in the last minutes of the game.  Helluva effort by the 49ers to come back like that.

But they lost, so

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

NFC West is going to be stacked next season.

Yep, gonna be one helluva race next year for sure.

Both of us can hardly wait, I'm sure...
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »

I'm already counting down to the draft.  There are exactly......uh.....a bunch of days to go.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »

Sorry, had to back Anquan Boldin. Hometown boy.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »

This was the second Super Bowl I've seen live. Watching the event here in Europe at 12PM - 5AM certainly isn't ideal. I could've certainly missed that 35 minutes power outage (what an embarassement!) that caused me to be in bed even later. Also, those halftime shows are stupid.

The Ravens deserved to win. The 49ers would've won easily had they not let themselves get 28-6 behind. Was their defense sleeping? Anyway, Keapernick has a great future ahead of him. The Ravens certainly couldn't stop him.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »

Yeah the halftime shows are getting worse.  The superbowl game isn't the main focus anymore.  Superbowl Sunday has turned into a multimedia day of corporate big shots sticking their hands in the american consumer cookie jar.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »

[img width=640 height=380]http://www.kmbc.com/image/view/-/18396544/highRes/1/-/oydkmyz/-/Image-Leon-Sandcastle-NFL-Network.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »

Who has the best afro?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »

Heh that was the best commercial this year.  Everyone else tried too hard.  Superbowl commercials are a weird thing....its like everyone is trying to be edgy, but it has to remain G rated so it falls into this strange area.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length