RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 11:22:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Neo Geo Pocket Color 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neo Geo Pocket Color  (Read 2024 times)
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »

I stopped by Goodwill today and like a dream come true I spotted a minty boxed Neo Geo Pocket Color on the shelf.  It was a Blue unit with a Sonic pack-in game.  As I reached for the box I was a bit disappointed that they had written the price on the box in permanent marker but since that price was $10 I was willing to get over it.  Then it happened... I picked up the box and found it was empty!  Talk about going from one extreme to another.  I spent the next 20 minutes or so searching the store and talking with employees but there was no sign of it.  Moral of the story, people suck!   

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »

Wow, what a let down! I had something similar happen at a Goodwill once. They had Snatcher on the shelf, but the game was missing. To top it all off they wouldn't even sell me just the box and manual since they said they had to report the item as missing ><

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »

I found a big box of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness without the game inside of it at a local DAV. I informed one of the workers and she just let me have the box.

This leads into my find today. I was in a locally owned thrift store when what do I see? A jewel case that says Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. I quickly grab it to see if anything is inside but it was just some random CD-R filled with what was most likely crappy music. I was disappoint.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:50:44 AM »

I stopped by Goodwill today and like a dream come true I spotted a minty boxed Neo Geo Pocket Color on the shelf.  It was a Blue unit with a Sonic pack-in game.  As I reached for the box I was a bit disappointed that they had written the price on the box in permanent marker but since that price was $10 I was willing to get over it.  Then it happened... I picked up the box and found it was empty!  Talk about going from one extreme to another.  I spent the next 20 minutes or so searching the store and talking with employees but there was no sign of it.  Moral of the story, people suck!   

Wait...Goodwill actually sells games in the actual box/case? I've yet to see something on the shelf with the actual game in it for the past few months.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »

Wow, what a let down! I had something similar happen at a Goodwill once. They had Snatcher on the shelf, but the game was missing. To top it all off they wouldn't even sell me just the box and manual since they said they had to report the item as missing ><
I have gotten many game boxes & jewel cases that way too but I have never seen a system go missing.  I was so let down I didn't even ask if I could buy the box (I always ask if I can buy it and they look at me kinda strange and say you can just have it.).

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 07:54:02 AM »

Wait...Goodwill actually sells games in the actual box/case? I've yet to see something on the shelf with the actual game in it for the past few months.
I find boxed stuff all the time at Goodwill.  Friday at the same store I found a CIB My Weight Loss Coach for DS with the outer cardboard box and pedometer attachment included for $3.48.

Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »

... I picked up the box and found it was empty!  Talk about going from one extreme to another.  I spent the next 20 minutes or so searching the store and talking with employees but there was no sign of it.  Moral of the story, people suck!   
I woulda paid $10 just to have a box to go with my loose system. Sad  You want to go back and see if it's still there?

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »

I once found a box for Oregon Trail at Goodwill. It was empty but I should have gotten it as it was the wooden box version, in good shape too.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »

That sucks.

There aren't any stores here that sell used games. For new games, some stores just leave the games in the original shrinkwrap, others put them into thick plastic containers that you can't open except with a device they have at the registry while some others take out the games and keep them sealed away. Always hate the stores that do that. By the time they put the disc back in, it already has a ton of scratches and fingerprints! Most employees don't seem to care.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length