RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 07:27:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The Worst of Craigslist 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: The Worst of Craigslist  (Read 91710 times)
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »

Oh so that's where I'm supposed to plug in my games. Good to know.

yeah, but I can't find where to plug the cords in my ninja gaiden cartridge!!!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »

I found a pretty good one on Reddit and took a screenshot.

[img width=700 height=291]http://i.imgur.com/kTjkL.png[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

^ Sweet Nintendo
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »

anybody seen one of those before?  A disc bssed NES that seems to be sponsored by sony.  Thats GOTTA be rare
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

I respect the fact that a given item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it but.... really?  $25 each?  I was under the impression that used game stores would love for you to just shovel these out their front door but... ok, I guess.

[img width=700 height=733]http://i46.tinypic.com/34zc477.jpg[/img]

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »

I respect the fact that a given item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it but.... really?  $25 each?  I was under the impression that used game stores would love for you to just shovel these out their front door but... ok, I guess.

LOL

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »

If you buy 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' for $25, you just proved that you're probably not.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »

It's easier if I just paste the text from this post I just read because it would be too hard to see in an image.

Text from local CL post
Okay so I'm looking to either get rid of or consolidate my video game collection, hopefully by the first of the year. I've been collection for several years now and have toted my games along with me through a number of different living situations and before I move on from my current abode I'd like to lighten my load. [b[This list was compiled by me a few years back so by no means is it complete, but this should give you a rough idea of what I'm working with[/b]. As i said I'm open to consolidation or sale. If you've got some really outrageous "grails" i.e; Little Sampson (NES,) Panzer Dragoon saga (Sega Saturn) Earthbound (SNES) e.t.c I'm not really particular to what system their for just so long as their rare. Keep in mind though that if I'm trading I'll be looking to make out on the deal a little... As for my merch I can make no definitive guaranties. none of the items have been tested in several years though everything worked fine two or three years ago... Everything had been kept in plastic totes with news paper (to help absorb moisture,) for years, about two years back I replaced the news paper with silica bead bags and that's the way they've been kept since... Being that I am one of those people who likes to keep his collections on hand they've never been in storage! They've always been either in the closet or under the bed. Of course now it's a little bit of both hence this posting. I'd like to get rid of everything in one fell swoop so I give you forewarning any e-mails asking for specific items will be ignored. If your really that interested in something get a few buddies together and make me an offer! Again Trades are welcome but it'd better be some pretty amazing stuff, dollar Amt absolutely negotiable. Again this list is about 1-2 years old. I'm been to a few flea markets thrift shoppes and tag sales since then. Cheers!
End of text from CL post

Great idea, buddy.  Tell the people you want to trade with that you are TRYING TO GET A DEAL THAT IS UNFAIR AND IN YOUR ADVANTAGE!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2012, 11:19:56 PM »

wow, also that things were stored under his bed (not my idea of a quality storage space) and that he'll ignore emails asking about specific games. what if someone wants to buy the whole set but wants to know first if some specific titles are in it? some people just don't understand how to sell.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »

wow, also that things were stored under his bed (not my idea of a quality storage space) and that he'll ignore emails asking about specific games. what if someone wants to buy the whole set but wants to know first if some specific titles are in it? some people just don't understand how to sell.

The Best Buy mentality.  You're going to buy what I have, and I'll tell you what you'll spend.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »

The only thing I have to complain about my CL right now (other than the usual) is this new business that focuses on video game console repair.

Their prices are horrendous, when I'm freelancing I charge half what they do. I could probably switch over to freelancing full time and steal all their business.

http://ksu.craigslist.org/vgd/3454628225.html

Don't worry about it being taken down, they post like every 2 days.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2012, 01:43:12 AM »

wii drive repair up to $80? you can buy the whole system for not a huge amount more than that
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2012, 02:24:21 AM »

I know exactly why they charge those prices too. Their real estate is highly coveted and expensive, Aggieville is our bar district, right across the street from the University. They need to markup just to pay rent.

That's such a terrible decision. I could throw a sign up on my shed and pay no rent, offer the same services, and many they probably don't even know about.

The local game store here charges $80 for used Wiis, so might as well just buy a new one and sell me the one with the broken drive for like $10 so I can have spare parts, then its only $70 out of pocket. Cheesy

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »

Another big winner.

http://ksu.craigslist.org/vgm/3466813134.html

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »

At first I thought it was just the misspelling of Nintendo, but wow...some people are strangely forthcoming.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length