RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:16:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What is your favorite console in your collection and why? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite console in your collection and why?  (Read 9660 times)
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 11:09:24 PM »

360 is mostly what I play, sometimes I play the ps3 but not alot.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »

Well, it was a portable deal, but before it met its untimely demise, my first pearl blue Game Boy Advance SP saw more action than most of the other consoles in my collection. It's big attraction for me was that it could play Game Boy, GBC and GBA games. And the strong backlighting was a welcome improvement over the relatively weak glow the regular-issue SPs had.

Fortunately, my second pearl blue GBA SP has carried on the legacy of its predecessor quite admirably.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »

My Genesis, I've had it an alot of the games since I was a kid.

My Xbox360 is the most played though. 

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

senseiman
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »

In terms of both playing and collecting it is hands down my Famicom.  Er, Famicoms, I have several of them.  Colorful carts that look great and a ton of great games in the catalog.  Easy choice there.

My favorite in terms of just the console itself would probably be my Bandai Intellivision.  It is a thing of beauty.  Looks almost the same as the American Intellivision but the box is completely different....and awesome.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »

In terms of both playing and collecting it is hands down my Famicom.  Er, Famicoms, I have several of them.  Colorful carts that look great and a ton of great games in the catalog.  Easy choice there.

My favorite in terms of just the console itself would probably be my Bandai Intellivision.  It is a thing of beauty.  Looks almost the same as the American Intellivision but the box is completely different....and awesome.

You and Duke will get along swimmingly.  I one 1 famicom cart, Goonies.  Duke has pointed me to a user on another forum that sells refurbed Famicim/FDS combos so I might get into the Famicom scene eventually.

senseiman
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

You and Duke will get along swimmingly.  I one 1 famicom cart, Goonies.  Duke has pointed me to a user on another forum that sells refurbed Famicim/FDS combos so I might get into the Famicom scene eventually.

I wholeheartedly recommend it!!  My collecting goal is to get the entire Famicom catalog (about 1055 carts), I am about 3/4 of the way there now. 

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »

LOL, Senseiman and I met over at Famicom World and he has sold me a ton. I even mentioned him on Episode 2 of the podcast.

Bil, if Senseiman has anything you are looking for, I'd recommend buying from him first. The other guy I mentioned has great hardware sales.

RETROKING
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:17 AM »

They are all my favorites.

Asking me me choose my favorite is like asking me what arm i would like chopped off  Grin.

Iv'e been sitting here for about 20 mins trying to think what my favorite is.

Im not sure if it would be mega drive/genesis and snes joint first place then my spectrum second or my spectrum in first place and my mega drive/genesis and snes second place.
I also love my commodore collection as much as my atari collection,its a hard choice for me as i love them all the same just as i love all of my children.

im going to have a hard think and post what my favorite is a bit later on. Cheesy
senseiman
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »

LOL, Senseiman and I met over at Famicom World and he has sold me a ton. I even mentioned him on Episode 2 of the podcast.

Bil, if Senseiman has anything you are looking for, I'd recommend buying from him first. The other guy I mentioned has great hardware sales.

Hey, I just listened to the (excellent) podcast on Youtube, thanks for the mention and the kind words!

Very interesting too, I totally agree with you about why forums are a better place to trade than Ebay.  The only downside is that it takes a bit more time to find stuff on forums than Ebay, but the cost savings and ability to deal with fellow collectors totally outweighs that. 

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »

It actually is kind of hard to choose.  I really like picking up just about anything, as long as I find it on The Hunt.  I really like picking things up for the PC and Genesis, though, and I think that is because most thrift stores (my primary hunting grounds) mix them in with everything else.  I've found PC games hidden in and priced as books, CDs, DVDs, as well as general electronics.  While many stores in my area have gotten a bit more savvy as of late, I've still found several Genesis titles mixed in with both books and audio cassettes.   

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:40 AM »

I'd say that the SNES is my favorite. I briefly remember my parents' Intellivision and really started with the NES, but the SNES was the system that really defined my childhood. Most of my favorite games are on the SNES.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »

For me it's the PS2. Tons of great games.
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »

My favorite Console in my Collection is (obviously) my NES. It was the first console I ever played, and I cannot count the memories I have of playing it.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length