RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:20:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What is your favorite console in your collection and why? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your favorite console in your collection and why?  (Read 9675 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »

As of right now the Xbox 360 because of achievements.

gamer2112
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

Dreamcast, I feel it was nearly perfect in every way.
4 players offline, 1st system to do online, 1st system to do analog triggers on the controllers, great graphics and sound that hold up well even today, best original memory units, awesome arcade ports, amazing library of games for a short life span, compact size, built well to last, way ahead of its time.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »

I have it in my will to be cremated and put in a DC converted to a urn.

That is a seriously awesome idea. Maybe I will steal it but use an NES.

Thats assuming they find your body, mwa hahahahaha......

Eh, I'll just hide in a Famicom box. You'd never look in there.

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »

GP32, you have to admire the audacity of Gamepark to build a South Korean console.  It's really not that hard to imagine considering Samsung and other greats call the small nation home.  As for the system, It's designed well and most importantly, created a hardcore community that influenced the development of dozens of official and spiritual successors.  I once owned a full set of GP32 "commercial" games, but had to let them go due to unforeseen circumstances.  The games didn't have the crispest gameplay, but were genuine and boxed in cool packaging!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »

GP32, you have to admire the audacity of Gamepark to build a South Korean console.  It's really not that hard to imagine considering Samsung and other greats call the small nation home.  As for the system, It's designed well and most importantly, created a hardcore community that influenced the development of dozens of official and spiritual successors.  I once owned a full set of GP32 "commercial" games, but had to let them go due to unforeseen circumstances.  The games didn't have the crispest gameplay, but were genuine and boxed in cool packaging!

Interesting choice, and welcome to the forums!

KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »

Thanks, glad to be here!

Sithy
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

For me it would be the Sega Genesis my parents had gotten it for me and I remember playing with my Dad all time, I didn't have much games for it then maybe about 5 but I always remember having tons of fun on it hell my Dad beat Batman: Forever and Sonic 2 a lot on it.

I like adding my two cents, but then Canadian pennies are worthless......
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »

...  NES, nonono.  The SNES.  Yes.  No.  Arg.  Genesis.  No, that can't be it.  Genesis.  Doh, I already said that.  Wait, does that mean Genesis is it?  Dreamcast.  Wait, if I put all my consoles on a console table will that count?  Yes?  YES!  No?  Come on...

Too difficult...  higher brain functions shutting down...  must remember to breath and not eat paper...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »

The Sega Genesis always holds a place in my heart and will always be my favorite console. I got it as a Christmas gift when I was in early grade school. I sold it when I bought an N64 in the late 90's as it was just becoming a novelty item by then and I was ready to move on to the next big thing.

I re-bought a Genesis in December of 2010 as a little Christmas gift for myself. I pretty much just owned a Xbox and a Xbox 360 at the time and just wanted to buy the Genesis with a couple of games for shits and giggles to re live my childhood again. I had no intention to collect games for it but it seems to have been the spark to what makes me collect. Somehow I just wanted to buy more and more games for it that I never played back in the day. Its technically what turned me into a collector. 
munchiaz
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:39 PM »

For me it would have to be the Nintendo DS and turbo grafx/pc engine. I just started collecting for the tg-16/pce about a year ago and it is my fav system sot collect for. I really enjoy the shmups on the console, and it has the best castlevania  game ever made.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »

For me it would have to be the Nintendo DS and turbo grafx/pc engine. I just started collecting for the tg-16/pce about a year ago and it is my fav system sot collect for. I really enjoy the shmups on the console, and it has the best castlevania  game ever made.

The TG-16 does have some great shooters. I think if I was going to really collect for that machine I would go the PCE route.

kamakazi20012
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »

Welcome aboard kamakazi20012! I'd say that you probably are in the minority with the 5200, but I don't think it deserves all the flak it gets. You should check out Sinistar for it, really great port that I believe is still available on Atari Age.

I have to go with the NES. It consumed such a large part of my childhood, and I have vivid memories of a lot of the games I played then. I still play regularly, and it is home to my favorite games ever. Such a wonderful little system.

Thanks for the welcome and I have thought about Sinistar.  And I second the emotion:  I believe the 5200 receives more poor reviews than it deserves.  Mine has held up pretty good for 30 years.

As for the NES; Mom got me the Deluxe Set for my 13th birthday.  She bought it when we both discovered that 5200 games were no where to be found.  Besides, she had played SMB in the arcades and became hooked with console.  While I liked R.O.B. it was on accessory that didn't get used very much.  I ended up trading it in.  I kick myself now for doing it.  The NES kept me out of trouble except for school work; I'd play the NES from the time I got home until I got tired and then would try to do my school work in the mornings. 
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 09:03:59 AM »

I love all of my children but I really have a soft spot for the 32X.  During the SNES/Genesis wars, I was firmly in SEGA's camp which was odd because the NES was the only console I had for years.  When the SNES came out, my parents wouldn't buy it because none of the NES games would work on it.  We got a Genesis and I was kind of a fanboy for a while.

When the 32X came out, I was a super fan, even though I only ended up owning like 5 games for it.  When I started collecting a year or so ago, 32X stuff was high on my priority list.  Just made a trade yesterday for a couple more CIB 32X games which puts me 9 CIBs away from a complete CIB 32X/32XCD collection.

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »

This is a real tough call for me. Great Question though. Seeing as how i just picked one up, and i havent had one since they first launched, right now it would be my turbo duo. Theres something about it that just lights me up. Its an amazing system, and i thought the hu cards were just so futuristic.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »

Sega Genesis and 360 see alot of love in my house. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length