RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 06:29:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I have a dead 360..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: I have a dead 360.....  (Read 10146 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 07:27:39 PM »

My friends DS had dead pixels.
Another had the touchscreen die
Dans Lite had the hinges shatter

I have the issue of it occasionally ignoring DS cards when they are in there and it has frozen on me a few times.
Its seen a few thousand hours of use* and way 30k miles of travel though.

* Maybe not play time but actual power time. I can't believe my battery still holds a charge to be honest.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2009, 08:09:51 PM »

If carts were cheaper than CD/DVD based media everyone would still be using it. There is much less that can go wrong just because there are so many fewer moving parts.
Yup. CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives and hard disc drives really cause the most problems. I really do hope Solid State Drives will start to become more common in the next years/decade and that we'll eventually completely switch to it. That would be one less moving component. Wink

People seemed to think Nintendo made a bad decision of sticking with carts for the N64, but that atleast that system won't break as easily as disc-based systems.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 02:35:14 AM »

@ Anthony - I wasnt calling you a fanboy. I know you are not a system fanboy only a MK fanboy and that is all good. I was calling Wolfman Walt a fanboy.

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 03:07:01 AM »

I love my thread. Thanks for making it so awesome guys  Smiley
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:43 AM »

People seemed to think Nintendo made a bad decision of sticking with carts for the N64, but that atleast that system won't break as easily as disc-based systems.

Well they still kind of did make a bad decision staying with carts being that in spite of their compression techniques, the price was still too damned high and even then CDs were able to hold more memory.
Additionally, Nintendo wouldn't have burned Sony so badly on the original plans for the Playstation. Imagine if Corporal Hart and that wannabe Vin Diesel (er, Cortez?) went back in time to prevent that falling out? Hmmm only if a "TimeSplitters: Future Imperfect" were made to explore that possibility.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

@ Anthony - I wasnt calling you a fanboy. I know you are not a system fanboy only a MK fanboy and that is all good. I was calling Wolfman Walt a fanboy.

Right, because I state facts, whereas this whole time you've only been like "LOL! PS3 SUCKS" Where have I ever said that the 360 is a bad system? Oh, never. Sorry troll, you've got things wrong and I don't even have to rely on the generic "I own all the systems" argument to prove it. Nice try.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2009, 11:29:47 AM »

Right, because I state facts, whereas this whole time you've only been like "LOL! PS3 SUCKS" Where have I ever said that the 360 is a bad system? Oh, never. Sorry troll, you've got things wrong and I don't even have to rely on the generic "I own all the systems" argument to prove it. Nice try.

You rock! And yes I think Sony and the PS3 suck. Microsoft also sucks for so many bad 360's but I think it is a better system.  Dave in stead of Postmaster General can I have the title Postmaster Troll?

Wolfman look up some history before you start calling people trolls. I have contributed more to this site then you ever will.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »

Wolfman look up some history before you start calling people trolls. I have contributed more to this site then you ever will.
I agree. Calling Tynstar a troll wasn't necessary.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response"

Buy a PS3? LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because they have to be used in order to die.

I love fanboys

For all intents and purposes, he's a troll in regards to this thread. Sorry if you feel otherwise, but that's the truth. He has yet to contribute anything of merit and instead has taken every opportunity to just try and provoke an emotional response. If he atleast tried to prove any points he made, I'd agree with you about it being unneccesary, but he hasn't. It'd be like me going into a Wii thread and just going "Wii sucks!" over and over again with little variation.

I have contributed more to this site then you ever will.
K. Zero relevance to this thread where you've contributed nothing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:24:13 PM by Wolfman Walt » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

No really though scott, you are a troll.

Both online and off Tongue

I suppose i jump in and out of trolling states too. Sometimes its just fun to shake things up a bit.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »

Shut up troll.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2009, 12:50:28 PM »

So I contribute to this thread I would use it as a book end. Then buy a used 360 and that one will die some day and then you will have your second book end.

Happy Walt? HAHA

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »

This thread is pathetic. Useless post here, yeah, but still.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2009, 04:18:47 PM »

Just so everyone knows, the PS3 has a new 80gb bundle with Motorstorm and Resistance for $400 Wink
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »

A bundle with two games that are two years old? Who cares? Give us Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2 and things would be more interesting. Wink

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length