RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 05:14:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What the hell is a Tiger Gizmondo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What the hell is a Tiger Gizmondo?  (Read 2488 times)
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »

...but more importantly- should i be offended at having such a "title"?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

that's not a real reply and no, that was not a rhetorical question
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »

Um.. yeah... Well you are ranked by video game system popularity and there is a good reason you have never heard of a Tiger Gizmondo...

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »

i'm sure there is but why not humor me? that's the purpose of these forums right? to learn and contribute. i remember when things in the videogame world were simple and easy to follow, now everything's grown exponentially....lemme guess, is it some cheap low budget handheld? i remember something about those "tiger" games but judging from it's lack of graphics and depth at the time i couldnt be bothered.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »

....lemme guess, is it some cheap low budget handheld?
If you know then you shouldn't have made a topic with a title starting with "What the hell...".

...but more importantly- should i be offended at having such a "title"?
And what's with the attitude, anyway? This isn't a prison. You weren't forced to come here. You can leave if you don't like what you see.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »

And what's with the attitude, anyway? This isn't a prison. You weren't forced to come here. You can leave if you don't like what you see.

Nice way to welcome someone. Smiley

User titles are based on your standing in the community. The more posts you have, the higher your console "rank" is. People with few posts are ranked as Tiger Gizmondos because they weren't very widespread and a bit basic. I think there was a list of different "ranks" and the post counts at which they changed in the "About" section in the top user bar.

You could always make your own user title on your Profile page.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

Nice way to welcome someone. Smiley
I welcomed him in the Introduce Yourself thread. This was my response to what he wrote in this topic (and more importantly: how he wrote it), not my greeting towards a new member. Wink
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »

James- so it's a console. thanks

Sirgin- Let's not get so sensitive about the thread title. it was a casual "what the hell..." not an antagonizing one.

I'm sarcasm prone and i may be callus. if there's one thing i learned about forums in general is that each one has it's own tone and vibe which responds differently to language. I half expected this when i began posting.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »

if there's one thing i learned about forums in general is that each one has it's own tone and vibe which responds differently to language. I half expected this when i began posting.
Then wouldn't it have been smarter to put all that forum knowledge to good use and lay low for a day or two to see what the "tone and vibe" of this forum is -  instead of jumping in head first? Wink
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »

No. I'd rather not since that requires too much consideration and forethought. I'm not the type of person that considers the thought of whether or not it's "smart" to jump in. Additionally, you choosing the word "smart" suggests that you're holding me to certain "standards" and I find that dubious.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

This is a very good first impression!
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »

yea and i all i had to do was comment on the forum's chosen entry rank. surely it could've been gameboy however, just reaching N Gage status makes me feel much more respectable. i'm totally passed this now  nod
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »

You know, if you really don't like the ranks, you could just donate and have the Donor rank. Tongue

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

You know, if you really don't like the ranks, you could just donate and have the Donor rank. Tongue

That's right Mike, whore the donor status! laugh

Tell me about your variants...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length