RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 02:34:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What new releases are you planning on getting from March 1-June 30, 2009? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What new releases are you planning on getting from March 1-June 30, 2009?  (Read 2639 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: March 04, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

Looks like we're in for a dry spell with new releases.

The only big titles coming out imo are RE5 and [Prototype] between now and the end of June.

Unless there's a sleeper that comes around, I'm probably not picking up anything new from now until possibly September (Borderlands, Halo 3:ODST, Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend). Undecided

Any new releases out there that you're looking forward to picking up in the next few months?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »

Just picked up Empire: Total War, and that's probably the only game I'll buy this year, unless it's something off Steam.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

?

Phantasy Star Portable, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 3, Pokemon Platinum, a new Valkyrie Profile, Halo Wars, and Madworld are all coming out in March...

Other titles coming out before July- Punchout 3, Phantom Brave, Guitar Hero Metallica, Red Faction Guerrilla, Shin Megami Tensai Devil Survivor, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2, Patapon 2 just to name a few.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:17:00 PM by Shimra » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 04:40:53 PM »

^But what are you planning on buying at release?

I did pick up my copy of Halo Wars. Looking forward to trying it out tonight. Cool  But I think that's it for me as far as new releases until September.

Tan
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »

Riddick, Sacred 2 and Maybe Samurai Shodown Anthology if it ever gets released.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

^But what are you planning on buying at release?

I did pick up my copy of Halo Wars. Looking forward to trying it out tonight. Cool  But I think that's it for me as far as new releases until September.

Nothing because I don't really buy games anymore since I have a backlog unless there is a huge exception. I was just pointing out how there are tons of big names coming out, particularly in March. Assuming I were to buy a game it would be Phantasy Star Portable, Punchout 3, Madworld and Shin Megami Tensai.

Then again before I bought any of those I'd buy Persona 4, Dragon Quest 5 or Apollo Justice. Haha I guess I shouldn't even be in this topic in the first place, but it's always fun to dream about the games I'd love to play assuming I had the time and money.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:08:04 AM by Shimra » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »

I'm gonna but Pokemon Platinum, and I might pick up Phantasy Star Portable, but there isn't much else I can think of that I will buy.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »

Probably nothing on release day except for maybe Resident Evil 5. Gotta hold onto my money with all the new tattoo designs I'm workin on.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »

Did you try the demo for Riddick? If so, any good?

Sacred 2. I'm on the fence about that one. Some of what I've seen looks really good, but some of the gameplay looks very "last gen". Hopefully it all comes together and is a good game. It's been awhile since a good dungeon-crawler has been available for the consoles.   

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 08:35:33 AM »

Sacred 2. I'm on the fence about that one. Some of what I've seen looks really good, but some of the gameplay looks very "last gen". Hopefully it all comes together and is a good game. It's been awhile since a good dungeon-crawler has been available for the consoles.  

What does that even mean?
How can game play be last gen?

Graphics can be last gen but thats about it....

Tan
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »

Silver members don't have access yet. In any case I don't think I really have to try the demo though I will out of curiousity. If it's merely an enhanced version of the Xbox game I'm sold. If not, well it's a Riddick game by the same developer so I'm sold anyway. Smiley

I'm not too sure what "last gen gameplay" means. But I've yet to play an RPG from this latest generation that didn't play like those of the past. Even Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fable II, Lost Odyssey and more all play like games that came before them.

If your referring to the isometric view, well it's the same style as Diablo III or Untold Legends on the PS3. But I didn't hear anyone saying that Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 or D&D Heroes played like some of the classic Genesis, PC or PS1 isometric RPGs either. There's only so many camera angles that one can work with. It's either 3/4 view, overhead, first person or third person, all of which have been used for 30 years.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »

I'm not too sure what "last gen gameplay" means...

If your referring to the isometric view, well it's the same style as Diablo III or Untold Legends on the PS3. But I didn't hear anyone saying that Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 or D&D Heroes played like some of the classic Genesis, PC or PS1 isometric RPGs either. There's only so many camera angles that one can work with. It's either 3/4 view, overhead, first person or third person, all of which have been used for 30 years.

I guess in one respect, I was looking at it from the graphical point of view. It seemed to underutilize current gen graphics capability. Which may be entirely okay as long as it plays well. From that aspect, however, it seemed to look like it played like the new version of Golden Axe which recently came out. Tongue.

I am hoping it's a good game, though. Because I do like the Diablo-style dungeon crawler (especially how well they were done in BG 1&2) and am hoping it brings a refreshing new perspective on the action-RPG genre.

So...Sacred 2 is definitely "on the radar", but I just need to see more of it before I'd be sold on it. Cool

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »

Zero.

I very very rarely buy new games.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »

Zero.

I very very rarely buy new games.
Same here.

Honestly, I don't really know what is coming out when, so it's possible there's something I'd want to buy but just don't know it yet.

@Tondog: are you going to do the RFG Release Lists again, when games start to come out?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »

Do it! It keeps us (or at least me) informed.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length