RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2024, 03:16:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Part Number question 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Part Number question  (Read 994 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: February 24, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »

Would it be possible to add the ability for multiple Part Number fields?

This would work well with multidisc games as well as hardware items.
Right now people are just either listing the multiple part numbers either with a space in between them or a /

There isn't really a rhyme or reason to it.
For example a PS game might be SLUS-0000/0001 or SLUS-0000 / SLUS-0001 or SLUS-0000 SLUS-0001 or some other combination i haven't noticed yet.

As for hardware since i am adding GBA part numbers right now i can give specific ones.
All the color/packaging variants do have specific part numbers but they are only listed on the box.
Example
AGB-S-PLA Platinum
AGB-S-TKA Toys R US Jet
AGB-S-MPA Fuchsia

But they all have the same part number listed on the systems, AGB-001, because that is the part number for the system shell.

Some games also have part numbers listed on the box/manual/game that are all different or have a slight difference either at the start or end of the number. I remember running into this with Xbox games were there was generally no obvious part number listed on any of those pieces if there was one at all.

So i guess the question is would it be difficult to add a multi part number option if it is possible at all?

Yes i know there is already a lot going on with you guys both on and off the site so i wouldn't be surprised to hear if this was/became a back burner item.

Thanks Smiley

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

Can anyone tell me where to find Xbox game part numbers??

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »

Midway games are on the spine and start MWO
I believe Ubisoft and Activision both have them on the back of the box and they will be long XXX.XXX.XUS or something similair.

But on the whole there is no rhyme or reason and most don't have anything that is a dicernable part number.
Some of the ones that do have(not all and probably not even most) them are just the end of the UPC with some other numbers before it anyways.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length