RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2024, 10:14:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Strategy Guides (i.e. Brady, etc.): Can we add them to Collection Tools? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strategy Guides (i.e. Brady, etc.): Can we add them to Collection Tools?  (Read 1778 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: February 16, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

Any objections adding Strategy Guides to Collection Tools?

I'm starting to accumulate them and was wondering if this is something that could be added.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »

I remember someone who asked for the same thing some time ago:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=7898.0

I forgot why it was a bad idea though, you can probably find that in the topic. Smiley
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »

I think it was basically because magazines don't fit into the two categories we already have (hardware and software) and would have to be a completely new database.

Edit: Forgot you were taking about strategy guides instead of magazines, but I think these kind of fall into the same category anyways.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:36:26 PM by St0rmTK421 » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:02:34 PM »

To add, I could be mistaken but some felt strat guides would only add to the confusion of what makes a game complete.  Plus it would add one big headache as to how they should be added.  A simple extra box to click next to the three (box, manual, game) or maybe it's own listing?  What about games who have multiple strat guides from different publishers?  There was a semi solution in simply adding scans as extra media for the strat guide in question but that doesnt keep track of who has the guides.  Best we can do at this point is add notes to each game that we have the strat guide for untill a solution can be reached that doesnt require too much work to the database.  It could posibly throw off counts as some have guides for games they dont own but at this point, there realy isnt many options.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »

We're not saying that we'll never add the ability to track strategy guides, but there are some other projects in the queue before it, like Project X and Project Y. In addition, there are still other cool things that would benefit collectors that could be made into a database with no integration into a collection tracking tools. That said, such a database is so far out in the future it's not funny, but the possibility for other things that are good for you guys vividly exists.

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »

like Project X and Project Y.
Let's not forget the recently finished Project Z.

TJ really likes plots. Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length