RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2024, 09:29:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Super Game Boy query 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Super Game Boy query  (Read 1679 times)
Data
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

I came to add the Super Game Boy to my collection but I am confused over the current entries. The current Euro entry here has the part number SNSP-027 but looking at mine it says that's the model number. As far as I can tell the part number for this UK one is SNSP-A-SG(UKV). Which I would have to submit as a UK entry as far as I can tell.

My second query is when searching Super Game Boy it shows all the listings as a mixture of hardware and software, can you please confirm what you think this should be?

Thanks.

Data
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »

In addition to this, do you guys accept entries for cheat devices? I have a PS1 Xplorer and Game Boy Xploder but neither have part numbers on them.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 05:22:44 PM »

I submitted that part number, maybe I made a mistake. Tongue

But to answer your second question: The Super Game Boy is software, not hardware. Smiley
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:34:04 PM »

I submitted that part number, maybe I made a mistake. Tongue

But to answer your second question: The Super Game Boy is software, not hardware. Smiley

Cheat devices go in the database as hardware because they are accessories. I would say the Super Gameboy is hardware as well. The European Super Game Boy is in the softare section, maybe because it was put in before the decision was made to change it to hardware.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »

Cheat devices go in the database as hardware because they are accessories. I would say the Super Gameboy is hardware as well. The European Super Game Boy is in the softare section, maybe because it was put in before the decision was made to change it to hardware.
I don't know the exact explination anymore that Tan gave me, but it really belongs in software. Wink
Tan
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 06:12:33 PM »

In addition to this, do you guys accept entries for cheat devices? I have a PS1 Xplorer and Game Boy Xploder but neither have part numbers on them.

Yes we do. In fact we track GameSharks, Game Genies etc etc as well. If you don't have a part number, a UPC or ISBN will work as well. The idea here is that with entries that are similar, we can find out if a new submission already exists in the database or not which prevents duplicates.

I don't know the exact explination anymore that Tan gave me, but it really belongs in software. Wink

Items like these are not games, they are accessories as James said. A Super Game Boy is nothing without a cartridge plugged into it. Not much different than a 32x or GameCube Game Boy player. Don't let the shape of it fool you, that's merely part of it's function as a hardware device.

The mixture of software/hardware is just a throwback to an earlier time of the database. Eventually all of these items will be classified as hardware but at the moment it's a low priority task for the staff. For now we replace them casually on an "as per" basis as new submissions and scans come in.
Data
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »

I only have the actual hardware, no boxes (I think). There are no numbers at all on the devices so I'm not sure you would like doing with those.

I do have an Action Replay on the PS2 so I'll get that up in the hardware as I do have the box for that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length