RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2024, 11:21:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Request from the Staff: Rate Your Games! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Request from the Staff: Rate Your Games!  (Read 11285 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: December 10, 2004, 05:44:41 PM »

Okay, people.  We are now approaching 15,000 games in the database, and have well over 10,000 total images.  There's a whole buttload of video games data at this site, and it is growing every day thanks to our hard-working staff and to our members, who are thankfully starting to use the submission script to add their own data to help RF Generation grow.

However, I personally (and other staff members like Eddie Herrmann) have a request for you.  PLEASE, rate the games you play!  Every single game can be rated, but unfortunately few people have used this site feature.  It helps other users who are unfamiliar with particular games see what they might be interested in, and it also lets you put your two cents in quickly, easily, and with little effort.  

Besides this, if enough people rate their games, we hope to have [UPDATE: WE DO HAVE] a Top 100 list of all time.  Perhaps if we get more votes still, we'll even add top 10 lists to the upcoming console pages which are currently in the works.

So, in closing, please please PLEASE rate your games.  It only takes a second, and it will really add a lot to the site.  I'd appreciate it, Eddie (the script's amazing programmer) would appreciate it, and I'm sure the rest of the staff would too.

P.S.  If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look at the enormous image above.  (For a full size version, click the attachment link just below the title of this post.)

* ratingspromotion.jpg (160.45 KB, 1008x641 - viewed 231 times.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 07:01:30 PM by admin » Logged

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 11:37:24 AM »

I normally rate games when I add them to my collection.  People should do that too!

Me vs Gretzky
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 11:48:20 AM »

I do the same when I know a game good enough to judge it.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 05:05:30 AM »

I do the same when I know a game good enough to judge it.

Yeah , I have some games that I have only played once or twice Sad I guess I could rate just the ones I know Wink

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:00:21 PM »

Sooo, NOW will you all rate your games?

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/toprated.pl

99.99% of the thanks for the new top 100 list goes to Eddie Herrmann.  I just did very minor editing to the core of the script to get it ready for public use.  So, The Black Perl has done it again.  Hopefully more people (scary voice: I know who you are) rate their games in the coming weeks, so that list can really take shape as the top 100 list of the RF Generation members.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 07:42:49 PM »

I like it!   Smiley

Maybe I can find some time to go through all of the games in my collection and rate them.  
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 08:01:40 PM »

We also now have a Bottom 25 list.  Sadly, many of these games actually have GOOD ratings.  I know you people hate some of the games out there.  Please, CODE: Veronica, House of the Dead II, and GTA III do not belong on the Bottom 25 list of all time.  You know there are worse games than that.

Like this one: http://www.rfgeneration.c...l?ID=U-005-S-01210-A&

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 08:06:12 PM »

*rates games*

- Zac
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 05:33:16 AM »

You know there are worse games than that.

Like this one: http://www.rfgeneration.c...l?ID=U-005-S-01210-A&

True , but how many of us have actually played or own that game... (tynstar)

But I see what you mean , people need to rate the games they own as they input them into thier list.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 02:36:33 PM »

Star Voyager belongs at the bottom(or top) of that list as worse game ever.
You can't get past the first level which contains no enemies.
I am pretty sure i gave it a 5 only because that was the lowest rank.
Unless 0 is a rank then i was being generous or screwed up.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 02:37:48 PM »

I don't own it, though i did have a chance to buy it three years ago for $50 shrinkwrapped that I stupidly passed up.  At the time, it wasn't that great of a price though....  Too bad for me.  And yeah, I have played it.  I am the one and only person who has rated it so far.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:38:12 PM by admin » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 02:40:10 PM »

Custards Revenge has 2 votes actualy...

I wil see if i have a rom so i can play and agree with your terrible ranks for it.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 02:41:56 PM »

Monopoly for NES needs to be on that list somewhere too.  If there ever was a game in which the computer really does cheat, and to an obscene level, it is Monopoly on NES.  I was so ready to kill people after playing that game for two hours that I did.  Thankfully, it turned out it was Jesus in disguise and he resurrected himself a few days later.  That sure scared the crap out of me.  It was so bad it made me want to rate the game so people would know not to play it, else they too might kill Jesus inadvertantly.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »

I actually think Custer's Revenge is (if you COMPLETELY IGNORE the subject matter) a better game than Shaq-Fu.  Don't get me wrong - it still sucks.  It's just actually not the worst game ever in terms of gameplay.  However, the content knocks down the score significantly from where it could have been.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »

I've played Custers Revenge on an emulator, and that game is beyond stupid.  The arrows come in at a wierd angle that it is damn near impossible to judge where they would land if they even made it all the way to the ground.
It's stupid to make a game just because you can and not worry about content.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length