RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 10:27:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1177237 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2325 on: April 09, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »

A co-worker gave me the following games today.  There alittle scratched and need a good cleaning.  You can't beat free though.

Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition CIB PS2
Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 CIB PS2
The Sim's 2 Pets CIB PS2

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2326 on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »

[img width=500 height=599]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7174/nintendoskg7.jpg[/img]
snes w/hookups & 2 controllers $14.99, black one is a genesis controller
mike tyson's punch out $1.99
Paperboy $1.99

[img width=500 height=583]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1718/cpugamesbh9.jpg[/img]
Minty CIB computer games; Street Fighter II $1.99, TMNT and Tetris 99 cents each
The Street Fighter II also came with MS-DOS on those giant floopy disks haha.

Pretty swell finds today, I should be in a good mood, but no, I had to go to Gamestop.
[img width=600 height=370]http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2237/diegamestopwv8.jpg[/img]
Both games rang up wrong. Worms rang up 8.99, Viewtiful Joe rang up 6.99. I mentioned this to the employee checking me out. I was already irritated with because when I asked if they had Castle Shikigami 2 he just flat out said NO, didn't even bother to check on the computer or anything. They prolly didn't even have it, I understand that he can't control what they have instock but it would have been nice for him to check on the computer if they had it in stock. At least humor me and pretending you are doing it. Anyway he just said Oh, it must be a price change and he said he fixed it. Came home and guess what; prices are still wrong.

[img width=300 height=225]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4282/supcatwv6.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=wallydawg[/img]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2327 on: April 10, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

I sniffed out Gears of War from an online store for £18 delivered. I haven't seen it under £35 anywhere, so I had to buy it at that price. I checked today and it's gone back up to £40. It must have been an Easter holiday thing. But they sent it off this morning for £18. Smiley

So much for saving my money this week.

I usually don't buy modern games from shops because instore used prices are often the same or higher than new prices online. I visit another forum with a cheap games section, like cheapassgamer, so I find most things that way.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2328 on: April 10, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »

I took today off for my birthday and did a little hunting.

DS - Wiffle Ball - birthday gift from my wife

N64 - Supercross 2000 - loose - $2 - Goodwill
          NBA In The Zone '98 - loose - $2 - Goodwill

Hyperscan - 2 packs of X-Men cards and 1 pack of Ben 10 cards still sealed for $2 each. got 9 cards I needed.

Megaman X figures - Megaman X, Zero, Vile, Axl - new - $2.98 - Kay-Bee Toy Liquidators

Sonic The Hedgehog Pinball Machine - new - $2.97 - Kay-Bee Toy Liquidators. I was pleased with this one. the last time I was in that particular Kay-Bee it was $19.99 and I kicked myself for not buying it. today I got the last one clearance priced at $5. plus all the clearance stuff was 30% off so it ended up costing me less than 3 bucks.

Sonic The Hedgehog The Complete Series DVD - $19.99 - new - Target. this was the 90's cartoon that Jaleel White (Urkle) voiced Sonic in.

also grabbed one of those carry cases that looks like a GAmeboy. thsi one is black and looks like the Gameboy Pocket - $1.41 - Value World

the only dissapointment of the day was that another thrift I hit has now closed. it was a St. Vincent DePaul.  it wasn't one I hit alot but I did have a few decent scores the times I did manage to get there.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2329 on: April 10, 2007, 07:18:49 PM »

Picked up a sealed copy of Viewtiful Joe for DS for 6.99 at Goodwill.

Actually I bought several. And took the extras to Wal Mart and they gave me 42. and some change ( A PIECE.)

I am so bad. But I don't care, b/c  I lost my job and I need all I can get. Smiley
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2330 on: April 10, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »

Actually I bought several. And took the extras to Wal Mart and they gave me 42. and some change ( A PIECE.)

I am so bad. But I don't care, b/c  I lost my job and I need all I can get. Smiley

My goodness. Nice turnaround Smiley I always wonder how Goodwill gets that sort of stuff. They don't pay for their goods, so it's not like an employee could have swiped a case and pawned them off. Baffling.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:23:38 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2331 on: April 10, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »

My goodness. Nice turnaround Smiley I always wonder how Goodwill gets that sort of stuff. They don't pay for their goods, so it's not like an employee could have swiped a case and pawned them off. Baffling.

I've heard that some stores like Target will donate stuff that they can't sell. 

My Goodwill has a couple new PS2 and Xbox games, but they want $35 for them. 

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2332 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:30 PM »

Some DS pickups:

Purr Pals
TMNT
Honeycomb Beat

That's 259 DS games!

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2333 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »

forgot one:

Xbox - Oddworld Strangers Wrath - new - FREE!

actually it was $4.99 at Meijer's. they charged me $9.99 when I checked out. when I went to customer service to get my bill corrected I found out they have a policy where they give you double what you were overcharged. I was overcharged $5 and got $10 back. woo hoo! free game!

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #2334 on: April 11, 2007, 04:13:54 AM »

i've done the same thing...wal-mart makes too much money.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2335 on: April 11, 2007, 08:43:57 AM »

I'm the featured collection that's pretty cool.  All my stuff is packed up in hopes of selling my house.  On with the small scores.  Had a good trade over at AA.  Got all this for a 2600 light sixer w/hooks, controllers, and 3 commons.

Journey to Silius NES
Ultima Exodus NES
Hydlide NES
Mickey's Safari in Letterland NES
Joust NES
Dragon Spirit w/man NES
Sesame Street ABC Letter Go Round NES
Dynowarz NES
Rad Racer II NES
Renegade NES
Operation Wolf w/man NES
Anticipation NES
Astyanax NES
Solstice w/man NES
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt NES

1 NES Zapper
1 NES Controller Factory
1 Turbo Touch 360 Controller
1 Satellite Rec. NES
Super Mario Bros. Light Switch Cover NIB
Babomb Candy Toy
Yoshi Key Chain
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:51:25 AM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2336 on: April 12, 2007, 07:39:54 AM »

Came across a few things yesterday.

Hexen CIB PS1 5.00
Fatal Frame CIB PS2 15.00 (alittle more than I like to pay, but worth it)
Donkey Kong Country Legend of the Crystal Coconut VHS .99

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2337 on: April 12, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »

I sniffed out Gears of War from an online store for £18 delivered. I haven't seen it under £35 anywhere, so I had to buy it at that price. I checked today and it's gone back up to £40. It must have been an Easter holiday thing. But they sent it off this morning for £18. Smiley

Well this came in the post this morning but it's got the yellow "Bundle Copy not for resale" bar on it. I'm trying to decide if I should send it back and ask for a proper one or if it doesn't matter at all to me. On one hand they shouldn't have been selling it as new on its own but on the other hand I can't be bothered making a fuss over a game when it was half the price of anywhere else.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2338 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »

forgot one:

Xbox - Oddworld Strangers Wrath - new - FREE!

actually it was $4.99 at Meijer's. they charged me $9.99 when I checked out. when I went to customer service to get my bill corrected I found out they have a policy where they give you double what you were overcharged. I was overcharged $5 and got $10 back. woo hoo! free game!

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. The Meijer by me had O:SW marked for $9.99...and I paid $9.99. Still a great price for this game.

Also went to Blockbuster and they're closing out some new and many used titles. Used titles are Buy 2, get 1 Free. Some new titles are marked 50% off. I picked up Taito Legends for Xbox for 5 bucks NIB!

Going back to B2 tonight to pick up some used games. Cool

Atarian75
Sega 32X
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2339 on: April 12, 2007, 02:57:38 PM »

Today I got Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 for Dreamcast. $1.99

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length