RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 06, 2024, 06:18:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1179553 times)
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1320 on: June 10, 2006, 08:45:18 AM »

For some reason the action button on the 2600 isn't working. I tried a different controller and had the same problem.

Nice score & welcome to the boards! I think the Atari was the best deal. Which 7 games did you get?

It could be the prongs inside the controller port of the system are bent, or dirty.  I'm sure it can be fixed.

I also noticed you got a few US titles for the Genny. I have never seen a pal game in the wild here, but have seen tons of Japanese releases in local game stores.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1321 on: June 10, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »

Nice score & welcome to the boards! I think the Atari was the best deal. Which 7 games did you get?

It was 13 games with the console for £7 Smiley
Mystery game (no stickers, and I haven't tried playing it yet)
Solar Fox
Moon Patrol
Jr Pac Man
Q-Bert
Phoenix
Defender 2
Centipede
Centipede (Different label. I've got 3 differently labeled Centipedes now)
Space Invaders
Real Sports Boxing
Pole Position
Smurf

Apart from the mystery game and a lot of dust, they're all in excellent condition.

It could be the prongs inside the controller port of the system are bent, or dirty.  I'm sure it can be fixed.

I had a look inside and didn't see anything out of place. The prongs were soldered in properly, and nothing was bent. I'll try cleaning them. Would a 1 player game work using the second controller port? I'd imagine it wouldn't.

I also noticed you got a few US titles for the Genny. I have never seen a pal game in the wild here, but have seen tons of Japanese releases in local game stores.

I've seen the Genesis version of The Lion King a few times before but it was usually priced higher than it's worth, probably because it's an import. Apart from those copies of the same game, I don't think I've ever come across any other Genesis game outside of ebay.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1322 on: June 10, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »

I picked up a complete Jaguar system minus the instructions.  It also came with Cybermorph minus the instructions.  The lady wanted $40 but I asked her if she would take $30 and she said yes!  Good deal!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1323 on: June 10, 2006, 02:17:44 PM »

[IMG]

I cleaned the pins thoroughly and it still won't work. Does that mean one of the chips could be fried?

It's quite annoying how I've finally got a 2600 and it's in very good condition except I can't play games properly.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1324 on: June 10, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »

Got some stuff today:

- Stadium Events

Relax, it was cart only

and PAL-B/SCN  laugh

I also got:

Sonic 3 poster

Super Mario cardboard

NES games:

PAL-B/SCN:
- Die Hard (CIB)
- Total Recall (w/box)
- Star Tropics (w/box)
- Robo Warrior (w/box)
- The Addams Family
- Puzznic
- Sword Master

NTSC:
- Baseball Stars II
- Heroes of the Lance

HES:
- Impossible Mission 2

Am. Video Entertainment:
- F-15 City War

SACHEN:
- Super Pang II

EDIT: I also got a clear green N64 controller

Nice!!  I didn't even see this until now Wink  

Is the SCN Stadium Events pretty rare over there?  I always see the German version, but never the SCN.  The last complete one on eBay.com was the first SCN CIB one I've seen...all others always had the blue manual from Germany in them...

Also, nice finds James!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:29:21 PM by Speedy_NES » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1325 on: June 10, 2006, 10:16:08 PM »

Would a 1 player game work using the second controller port? I'd imagine it wouldn't.

unfortunately you cannot. I'm sorry your first chance at such a classic system has been a downer, but I'm sure someone can fix it. The Atari's have a great life span and I've fixed several over the years.

I cleaned the pins thoroughly and it still won't work. Does that mean one of the chips could be fried?

not necessarily. It could be many things. The best deal that you got was the fact it was boxed. The boxes are coming harder to get, if you can't revive this bad boy....just pick up another core unit.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1326 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »

Well, I made it to the North West and today was my first chance to go and hunt down some vintage games.
I picked up these 3 hard to find games.

Destiny Of An Emperor
Dusty Diamonds Softball
Tecmo Cup Soccer Game

All were mint and got em for $10 total!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1327 on: June 11, 2006, 05:58:49 AM »

I got this one yesterday from my gf:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...18807&item=8289053189

Its in very nice condition. We found out later she payed a couple bucks too much for it but learning experience for her and a nice thought.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1328 on: June 11, 2006, 06:26:57 AM »

At the car boot today all I saw were a few PS1 games for £5 each, and a box with a Mega Drive 2, 3 loose games, and a joystick for £20, no offers. They wouldn't sell the joystick on its own, so I passed.

Then I saw a pile of Dreamcast stuff. £8 for the console, or £12 for the lot. There are 2 VMUs in the controllers.

Nearly all of the cases are broken, but it's not bad for £12.

It's something like 20 games, including 2 PS1 discs. There are 4 Shenmue discs in different cases, so I might have counted up wrong.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1329 on: June 11, 2006, 11:45:08 AM »

Nice phone, from what year is it?

The year says 2002.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #1330 on: June 11, 2006, 07:29:07 PM »

My wife bought me a DS Lite and New Super Mario Bros. and Brain Age for Father's day.  I guess today was launch day so this will make my first console that I purchased at launch.

BTW...I am so glad that I waited to get the lite.  It is so much more comfortable than the original and looks a whole lot better as well.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1331 on: June 12, 2006, 08:37:09 AM »

I went to my local game shop to see what Dreamcast games they had. They were all £5 each, so I decided not to bother. The manager knows me so he said he could do a deal. £25 for all 10.

I like this manager much more than the old one.Cheesy

I also got a CD repair kit this morning to fix the scratched up Dreamcast games I got yesterday. I tried about 5 and only one of them worked but they're fine now.

Then later I went to an indie, cash-in-hand game shop where I traded in some spare Mega Drive games for £10. I took a spare Mega Drive with me but I forgot to take the controller and aerial lead. :-/

I may as well say this here. I got Dynamite Headdy for the Mega Drive from ebay today.

That's my spending done for a fortnight, now.
Xevious
Virtual Boy
Norway

WWW Stats
« Reply #1332 on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:49 PM »

Nice!!  I didn't even see this until now Wink  

Is the SCN Stadium Events pretty rare over there?  I always see the German version, but never the SCN.  The last complete one on eBay.com was the first SCN CIB one I've seen...all others always had the blue manual from Germany in them...

Thanks! I've only seen one before at the Scandinavian auctionsites (and that one was kind of broken) so I guess it's kind of rare.
This copy I picked up at my friends gamestore (along with the other games).

Today I got Kensei Sacred Fist for the PSX
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:23:43 PM by Xevious » Logged

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

Found a couple of games at a goodwill today:

Final Fantasy Tactics CIB for ps1: $2.50
Killer Instinct loose for Snes: $1
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1334 on: June 13, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

found a few odds and ends over the weekend.

from a thrift:

Genesis - Championship Bowling w/box - $3

at the Gamestop buy 2 get one free sale

Gameboy - Pokemon Pinball, Killer Instinct, Castlevania Adventure - all loose - $7 total

Kohl's had a few games on clearance:

PS2 - Ford Racing 3 - $9, Zathura - $12

and my wife picked me up a couple $15 games from Miejer's

Cube - Jimmy Neutron - Attack of the Twonkies
Xbox - Scooby-Doo - Night of 100 Frights

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length