RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 08, 2024, 04:21:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1181110 times)
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #615 on: November 03, 2005, 08:11:38 AM »

Found some bargins last weekend:
NBA Street vol 2 for Gamecube $5 New
Metroid Prime GC $5 Used
And The Following SNES Games (Cart Only) For $2 each:
Zelda
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Lion King
Street Fighter II
Contra III (I think)
and Wheel of Fourtune

i also got a Neat Carrying case that has Mario(Super Mario 1) on it for a buck and a Huge beer mug for .50 that has Super Mario 2 all over it...Oh yeah and a SNES for $2 (It was out in the weather...took a chance and it works!)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #616 on: November 03, 2005, 08:39:23 AM »

post a pic of the beer mug if you can. sounds interesting.

I finally found a copy of "the Wizard" yesterday. I found it a rental shop that was clearing out their VHS. the box is a bit sunbleached. never seen the movie before, I'll have to watch it soon.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #617 on: November 03, 2005, 08:43:10 AM »

there are several in that series. I think you can still get them at Meijer's. these are the one's that look like little Gameboys right?

Yeah, it is.  They had Mario's Cement factory at that Rite-Aid, but no DK Jr.  I think I'll stop by Meijer today to see if they have that one.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #618 on: November 03, 2005, 09:26:16 AM »

post a pic of the beer mug if you can. sounds interesting.

I finally found a copy of "the Wizard" yesterday. I found it a rental shop that was clearing out their VHS. the box is a bit sunbleached. never seen the movie before, I'll have to watch it soon.

I've been trying to find a copy of "The Wizard" for a long, long time.  You lucky bastard...

- Zac

- Zac
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #619 on: November 03, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »

I've been trying to find a copy of "The Wizard" for a long, long time.  You lucky bastard...

- Zac

yea...i got my copy for $3 at a flea a long time ago....fun movie.....i mean, every collector has to at least see it once

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #620 on: November 04, 2005, 04:55:36 PM »

I also managed to snag The Wizard for a couple bucks on sale at a Kmart many years ago.  

I went to a thrift near my new university and got everything in the attached pic for only 2 euros, which is less than 2.50$!  I basically only had to pay for the MSX and all of its accessories & monitor, and the rest I got for free.   The coolest thing, though, would have to be the joystick pictured to the left of the monitor...unlike a normal joystick, this one has buttons for movement rather than a stick or a pad...I never even knew they made this type of joystick back in the day Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #621 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »

That joystick looks an awful lot like the ones issued with PSX's on release.  Still, it's strange that it would be with that system.

By the way, great deal!

- Zac

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #622 on: November 05, 2005, 12:14:05 PM »

Hit up 2 tagsales on the way to my grandmothers.
1st one i got
Myst for PC 25 cents
Nintendo Carrying Case for Gameboy 25 cents

And at my grandmothers neighbors house
a 2600
Paddle x2
joystick x2
Combat
Space Invaders
Surround
GameGear battery pack of some sort.
and 2 random speakers
for 6 bucks.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #623 on: November 05, 2005, 12:56:17 PM »

That joystick looks an awful lot like the ones issued with PSX's on release.  Still, it's strange that it would be with that system.

By the way, great deal!

- Zac

Thanks, the PSX-lookalike joystick is actually for the NES...this one is unfortunately defective.  They were released by companies that create NES clones...the Mastergames controller as seen in the pic was included with some NES clones that happened to have normal NES controller plugs, and there is also one that was sold individually, without any hard packaging, with the FIAST logo...

As for other recent finds, I managed to get my hands on two Teqniche Power Pads for NES (both boxed) for 20 euro from a Dutch advertisement...a bit pricey for me, but glad to finally have the controller confirmed as the only time I've ever "seen" it was @ a Polish website w/front and back scans that could've been faked but obviously were not. Smiley

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #624 on: November 05, 2005, 12:56:58 PM »

Hit up 2 tagsales on the way to my grandmothers.
1st one i got
Myst for PC 25 cents
Nintendo Carrying Case for Gameboy 25 cents

And at my grandmothers neighbors house
a 2600
Paddle x2
joystick x2
Combat
Space Invaders
Surround
GameGear battery pack of some sort.
and 2 random speakers
for 6 bucks.

Not bad man!  Nice prices Wink

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #625 on: November 05, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »

the PSX-lookalike joystick is actually for the NES

Oh, okay.  I thought it was kind of weird that a controller for the MSX had an NES plugin...and looked like a PSX controller.  I feel like a real idiot now... :-/

- Zac

- Zac
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #626 on: November 06, 2005, 03:07:02 AM »

Oh, okay.  I thought it was kind of weird that a controller for the MSX had an NES plugin...and looked like a PSX controller.  I feel like a real idiot now... :-/

- Zac

Well it's the aim of companies that release pirated hardware to confuse people into buying their stuff Wink  

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #627 on: November 06, 2005, 01:35:53 PM »

an inexpensive weekend but I nabbed a few goodies all the same. and Deals is becoming one of my new favorite stores.

from Deals, a buck each:

PC - Desert Rats vs Afrika Corp
PC Pocketware Mini-Cd's - Autobahn Racing, Space Racers, Mega Pinball, Star Scrambler, Reversi

from Thrifts:

PC - Redneck Rampage: Possum Bayou - $3

2 TI-99 joysticks - $3

books - Terrific Games for the TI-99/4A, Ms Pac-Man: Ms Pac-Man's Prize Pupil, Pac-Man: Pac-Man and the Ghost Diggers

from a church book sale: - 50 cents each

N64 Pocket Power Gude Vol. 3
Basic for the Apple II
Pocket Calculator Game Book (2nd copy I've found, this one's for THX)

from a closeout book store:

Crimson Skies novel - $1

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #628 on: November 06, 2005, 06:21:38 PM »

I got this stuff on my Oregon trip. I also got 2 2600 Spectravideo controllers, a set of paddles and a set of racing paddles.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #629 on: November 06, 2005, 06:22:02 PM »

Also got this.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length