RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 08, 2024, 10:20:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1181281 times)
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2005, 10:33:20 AM »

Found 5 atari games at a thrift store, 2 dollars.I was wondering why my Night Driver's label looks different than the one pictured on this website?

Many 2600 games come in multiple label variations, the one you picked up is the Picture label, the RFGen photo is the Text label.  The 2600 is one of the worst system for label variations, I think some games were released with 5 or 6 different labels.  I believe the plan is to someday add at least the main variation types to the database here (simular to how "Greatest Hits" are for Playstation) but that work has not been started yet.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #541 on: October 07, 2005, 11:10:01 AM »

Here is the Sonic, it has three saying:

"Oh yeah"
"This is happenin'"
"Ready to role champ, let's go"

There is no date on it, no markings or words of any kind as a matter of fact.  Still no clue what it is or where it's from.

that is weird. it looks like it should be part of something. pretty cool though.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2005, 03:56:04 PM »

let me know if that Tetris is missing anything. I've got two and one is incomplete. I could probably help you out with any missing pieces.

Looks like I am missing a few pieces from this game, the back of the box says 116 blocks, I only have 114, broken down like this:

15 Blocks
20 T-Bars
16 Beams
19 L-Blocks
17 Backwards L-Blocks
14 Zigs
13 Zags

It also doesn't have the instructions with it and there is no packaging inside the box (not sure if there is supose to be or not), just the game boards, their holders and the box of blocks.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2005, 03:56:52 AM »

I'll see what I've got.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2005, 04:04:53 PM »

okay... I just went through both my Tetris games and counted all the blocks. it seems my incomplete set is only missing one purple L block. both have instructions.

the blocks break out like this: (I made a chart while counting)

15 Blocks - 2 red, 3 purple, 3 yellow, 3 blue, 4 green
20 T-Bars - 4 of each
16 Beams - 4 red, 4 purple, 2 yellow, 2 blue, 4 green
19 L-Blocks - 4 red, 5 purple, 4 yellow, 3 blue, 3 green
18 Backwards L-Blocks - 3 red, 3 purple, 3 yellow, 6 blue, 3 green
15 Zigs - 5 red, 2 purple, 3 yellow, 3 blue, 2 green
13 Zags - 2 red, 3 purple, 3 yellow, 3 blue, 2 green

so it would appear you are missing one backwards L block and one zig. you can use this handy dandy chart to determine which colors.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #545 on: October 08, 2005, 04:11:42 PM »

as for my finds today:

video - Secret Video Game Tricks, Codes & Strategies - $1
this is for NES games and features 22 games including, Gradius, Metal GEar, Ikari Warriors, Simon's Quest, Life Force and Blaster Master

book - How To Win at Nintendo Games #3 - 25 cents
now I have 1 through 4 of these books

a plush Spyro the Dragon

a bunch of PC games for $1.25 each

Police Quest Swat
Police Quest Swat 2
Heavy Gear
Nerf Arena Blast
Star Trek - Starship Creator

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2005, 06:25:13 AM »

I picked up a padded black case with the SegaNet logo on it in white.  It's about 6" by 27".  It's got two straps so it looks like you could carry it like a long skinny backpack.  Another mystery for me, anyone have a clue as to what this is for?  My guess would be it's to hold the Dreamcast keyboard and a few other items.  In any event I only paid 49 cents.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

I picked up a padded black case with the SegaNet logo on it in white.  It's about 6" by 27".  It's got two straps so it looks like you could carry it like a long skinny backpack.  Another mystery for me, anyone have a clue as to what this is for?  My guess would be it's to hold the Dreamcast keyboard and a few other items.  In any event I only paid 49 cents.

That sounds cool....and a nice price Wink

I went to two flea markets today but I only found one item, a loose QuickJoy Footpedal for NES for 2,50 euro....and only because I didn't want to go home empty handed Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2005, 11:49:46 AM »

Well I went with my girlfriend to rent a movie today, and I saw a box of n64 and other games, and asked if they were for sale or what.  She said yeah, they are only 1.50 a piece.  So I picked out
N64:
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Wave Racer 64
1080 snowboarding

SNES:
Act Raiser
American Gladiators

She couldnt find the carts (except for Act Raiser), so Im going back later to see if she couldnt find them anywhere else, I'm still going to buy the boxes no matter what though.

Some of the games she did find were Act Raiser for SNES(just cart and box) and Road Rash for PSX (no box or manual)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 11:51:41 AM by johno590 » Logged
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2005, 12:10:42 PM »

Act Raiser for SNES usually goes for a decent price with box on ebay.  Too bad she didn't have the chart and manual.  Great game though.

johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2005, 06:40:30 PM »

I went back to the video place and she still couldnt find the carts, so I got the boxes for free.

If anyone has any extra games and wants to sell them to me, they can Smiley
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #551 on: October 10, 2005, 12:26:03 PM »

Well, I got off work early today so I stopped by some more thrift stores.  Got 6 snes games for 20 dollars at one.  
Kawasaki
Family Fued
WWF Super Wrestlemanai
Mortal Kombat II
Best of the Best Championship Karate
Street Fighter II

then went to another and found a psx rca cable (which I needed)
and a NES system with 2 controllers, orange zapper... all for 5 dollars.  I haven't hooked it up yet, but if it works I'm going to sell it on ebay Smiley

UPDATE:  I just hooked up the NES and it works, but barely, lol the controllers are nawed up, looks like little kids were chewing on them, and its SUPER dirty, but hopefully I can clean it up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 12:42:25 PM by johno590 » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2005, 07:06:25 PM »

Got in CIB copies of Paperboy 2 and Forgotten Worlds for the Genesis. Got them from http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com
That site is a great place to buy stuff from. Very helpful.

I think I am down to needing 36-38 Genesis games.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:07:22 PM by tynstar » Logged

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2005, 07:15:06 PM »

Got in CIB copies of Paperboy 2 and Forgotten Worlds for the Genesis. Got them from http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com
That site is a great place to buy stuff from. Very helpful.

I think I am down to needing 36-38 Genesis games.

Nice man!  Good luck finding those last games Wink  

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2005, 08:06:11 PM »

Nice man!  Good luck finding those last games Wink  

-Speedy

It is killing me!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: