RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 12:18:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1181354 times)
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #495 on: September 26, 2005, 11:44:20 AM »

Today I got 3 systems and some games from my grandparents, they had them stored away and I remember playing them as a kid so I asked about them...

Channel F with a couple of games

Coleco Gemini with donkey kong, mouse trap, and some others

and a Arcadia-2001

I don't have anything to connect them to the tv, so I dunno if they work yet or not
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:47:41 AM by johno590 » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2005, 11:49:19 AM »

nless you have an old UHF/VHF tv your going to have to buy or find a convertor for them.
Example:

http://www.circuitcity.co...rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I am pretty sure if you buy an antenna it comes with it. So if you have ever had to buy an atenna for your TV you should have one around somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:50:50 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2005, 12:43:45 PM »

Today I got 3 systems and some games from my grandparents, they had them stored away and I remember playing them as a kid so I asked about them...

Channel F with a couple of games

Coleco Gemini with donkey kong, mouse trap, and some others

and a Arcadia-2001

I don't have anything to connect them to the tv, so I dunno if they work yet or not
Nice, a hat trick of systems!!  And they are three good ones, I have never run into any of them in the wild.  Sad  But that won't stop me from looking!!

Good luck, I hope they all work.  Any games with the Arcadia?  And I am guessing that we don't have images of any Channel F games, so if you have a scanner we'd love the submissions.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »

Nice, a hat trick of systems!!  And they are three good ones, I have never run into any of them in the wild.  Sad  But that won't stop me from looking!!

Good luck, I hope they all work.  Any games with the Arcadia?  And I am guessing that we don't have images of any Channel F games, so if you have a scanner we'd love the submissions.

They didn't have any Arcadia games with it, I know I remember they had 2 /r 3 a long time ago, but maybe they were lost.  I know they had a Battle Tank game but who knows where its at now.  The Channel F game boxes are very beatup, (the games are #1, 4, 11, 12, 16) but still readable.  My girlfriend has a scanner so If you guys would like them I could get around to scanning all of those things.  Also the Arcadia is in the box with instuctions. Channel F had manuals and they are in good shape.  
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2005, 07:21:45 PM »

They didn't have any Arcadia games with it, I know I remember they had 2 or 3 a long time ago, but maybe they were lost.  I know they had a Battle Tank game but who knows where its at now.  The Channel F game boxes are very beatup, (the games are #1, 4, 11, 12, 16) but still readable.  My girlfriend has a scanner so If you guys would like them I could get around to scanning all of those things.  Also the Arcadia is in the box with instuctions. Channel F had manuals and they are in good shape.  

Scanning them would be awesome. All we need are scans at 150dpi. As a general rule, all scans should be 450 pixels on the SHORT SIDE.  Thus, the other dimension will be greater than 450 pixels.  Just set the short side (height of a Genesis cart, width of an NES box, height of a CD case, etc) to 450 pixels and let your photo editor adjust the other side to scale.

Also if you want to get trade or sell taht Arcadia let me know.
|D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:30:29 PM by tynstar » Logged

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #500 on: September 27, 2005, 09:28:06 AM »

Just went to 4 thrifts nearby (actually found two more thrifts while trying to find a different one)....found absolutely nothing in the first 3, but in the fourth one I found the following for exactly 10 euros:

NES console w/controller and ripped AC adapter inside a Sega Master System II box
Sonic the Hedgehog CIB for Sega Mega Drive
Power Cartridge for Commodore 64
MS Text CIB for MSX
some game for MSX CIB
2 original MSX controllers, one boxed
QuickJoy Supercharger inside QuickShot Python 1M box

Most of it is going in the trade bin Smiley

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #501 on: September 27, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »

yard sales are over now so my hunting is done til next spring..ebay sellers have taken over the flea markets..we have one guy that gets there before anyone and runs up to every car as they pull in asking for video games..guess the good old collecting days are gone and its become a livelyhood for some.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #502 on: September 27, 2005, 09:03:20 PM »

hi everyone well today while i was messing around in my basment and i forgot that i had this old game/computer system called the commodore VIC-20 in box with guide and 6 cassettes with i guess a cassette player. plus with 12 games cosmic cruncher, radar ratrace, gorf, pirates cove, omega race, mole attack, raid on fort knox, sargon 2 chess, alphabet zoo, avenger, visible solar system, home babysitter. the system is complete with everything it needs. i don't know much about this system a little before my time. i wanted to ask everyone for some help i'm wanting to know if this system is rare and are the games hard to find? i was surprised to see that there are over a hundred games for it. thanks for any info anyone might have.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #503 on: September 28, 2005, 05:05:15 AM »

the VIC-20 is not a rare system. some of the games for it are hard to find. you've got some good ones in that list. Gorf, Omega Race, Vic Avenger. Mole Attack is pretty funny too.

do you have controllers for it? the Vic-20 can use Atari 2600 controllers.

hook that puppy up. I think you'll enjoy it.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2005, 05:08:04 AM »

oops. forgot my finds.

all $2 each, all loose:

GBA - Lilo & Stitch
GBC - Frogger
Game Gear - Surf Ninja's

that's the 6th Game Gear game I've found in the past couple weeks. and from 4 different places too.

neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #505 on: September 28, 2005, 04:21:39 PM »

thanks den68
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #506 on: September 28, 2005, 08:05:49 PM »

Ok , with various packages coming in today I either got or made CIB games for the following NES games :

Addams Family (Pugsley's scavenger hunt)
Battle Chess
Bases loaded 4
Burai Fighter
Legendary Wings
The Mafat Conspiracy
Robocop 2
Tag Team Wrestling
Talespin
Toki

Also have Punchout with box and game (I need the manual)

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #507 on: September 29, 2005, 03:33:04 AM »

I received a whole load of accessories in the mail today, among them a brand new Beeshu Gizmo arcade stick!  I bought the Gizmo together with a sealed Chimera 2 joystick from someone in England, and I must say I haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a very long time - the Beeshu Gizmo is complete in superb new condition (and was packaged to keep it this way)...definitely another personal holy grail for me!  Smiley

I now also have four brand new Cheetah CharacterStick joysticks for sale:  Batman Returns, Alien 3, Bart Simpson, and Terminator.  If anyone is interested in any of those, let me know.

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #508 on: September 29, 2005, 05:26:04 AM »

I'd like to see a picture of those character sticks.

yesterday I found a couple SMS games:

Wonder Boy III, The Dragon's Trap - w/box - $1.21
Fantasy Zone: The Maze - complete - $1.21

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #509 on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:45 AM »

I'd like to see a picture of those character sticks.

Here's a pic of the four that are for sale:

Here are individual pics of each:

Batman Returns:
http://i6.photobucket.com...3/Speedy_NES/DSCN3809.jpg

Alien 3:
http://i6.photobucket.com...3/Speedy_NES/DSCN3803.jpg

Terminator:
http://i6.photobucket.com...3/Speedy_NES/DSCN3806.jpg

Bart Simpson:
http://i6.photobucket.com...3/Speedy_NES/DSCN3807.jpg

Let me know if they interest you.

Also went to a couple more thrift stores today, and found the following items:

2 Sega Mega Drive controllers
Brick Game 118-in-1 handheld
TI-35 vintage calculator

-Speedy

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length