RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 06:22:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1181581 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2005, 08:03:48 AM »

Did anyone mention The Hunt for Red October to you?  It also has the Super Scope logo (optional, though).  

-Speedy

No one did.
Thanks for the heads up on it.
I still haven't picked any of the other ones up because i ended up getting some RAM instead.
I'm saving now for MK: Shaolin Monks too so i don't know when i am going to be able to pick  these all up.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2005, 05:33:53 AM »

while my wife was deployed to iraq, she had purchased a xbox and a couple games to help pass her off time. when her stuff got here to us in new york, the xbox....dvd controller....2 controllers....disc 2 of nip tuck was in the console and a few other items were missing. well, the US military are very good at replacing any damaged or missing goods found while moving.

yesterday we finally got the replacement check in and went straight to the game stores! we picked up our new xbox & 12 games! target was having a sale and we picked up goldeneye rogue agent, links 2004, medal of honor: rise of the sun, and 3 Platinum Hits which were return to wolfenstein, G.R.: island thunder & 007: everything or nothing all for 4.98 each. so if you get a chance, stop by target to see what deals they have.

we then headed down to game stop and picked up myst IV brand new and Myst III,Sega Gt/Jet set radio future, outlaw golf: holiday golf & alias all used. we also picked up a few sports games too.

i must say that i am starting to like the xbox. now i need to pick up the metal slug games! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 05:36:15 AM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2005, 05:38:29 AM »

sweet! though the best part of that story is that your wife is back. that's great!

slow weekend for me. the thrift turned up nothing games wise. all I picked up was the Halo DVD Companion for $2.50 at the Toy R Us green tag sale.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2005, 12:07:18 PM »

sweet! though the best part of that story is that your wife is back. that's great!

thanx. my wife was deployed in iraq for a whole year. by the time she came back, we were married a year and a half and we only spent 21 days of our marriage together. its good to be back together. =)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 02:54:58 PM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2005, 04:34:48 PM »

thanx. my wife was deployed in iraq for a whole year. by the time she came back, we were married a year and a half and we only spent 21 days of our marriage together. its good to be back together. =)

Sweet Jesus!!!! Glad to hear she is back!!

While I was in MI on vacation I picked up 5 hint guides at Game Stop for a buck each. Also picked up 3 Sega CD games.

While in Michigan I drove done to Kentucky and picked up some Atari 2600 Musicmates, 3 boxed Sears Atari games, 3 CIB Sears Atari games and 3 loose Atari games. Also picked up a CIB Doom for the SNES.

I also met up with Den and traded some games for a Atari 7800 system. Thank Dennis.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 04:35:33 PM by tynstar » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2005, 08:53:01 PM »

While in Michigan I drove done to Kentucky and picked up some Atari 2600 Musicmates, 3 boxed Sears Atari games, 3 CIB Sears Atari games and 3 loose Atari games.

Yeah, that's just a quick little 5-6 hour jaunt.  laugh
I'm still pissed that I could come out while you were here on Thursday.  Maybe next time!

But, yeah over the weekend I got Urban Strike for Genesis and Jeopardy Deluxe for SNES both CIB for $1 a piece and a Magnavox Odyssey 200 (a dedicated pong console) for free.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2005, 01:08:44 PM »

yup a fine trade. and it was cool meeting you Scott.

picked up Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu for the GBA on clearance at Target for $3.74 today.

and I'm guessing the cartoon came before the game which was based on a toy so I don't know if it counts as video game related but I found a tape of Skeleton Warriors also.

99 cents.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #427 on: August 30, 2005, 04:40:26 PM »

Hi! I'm new to this site (well and collecting all together) and thought I would give it a try.  I am from southern Ohio and like many of you enjoy "the hunt."  
This weekend I bought a 4-switch woody 2600 (just with 1 joystick) for a dollar.  I also paid $2 for four 5200 games, all commons I think, Dig Dug, Pac Man, Super Breakout, and Centipede. Just the carts but you cant beat paying 2 bucks for those games.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #428 on: August 30, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »

Hi! I'm new to this site (well and collecting all together) and thought I would give it a try.  I am from southern Ohio and like many of you enjoy "the hunt."  
This weekend I bought a 4-switch woody 2600 (just with 1 joystick) for a dollar.  I also paid $2 for four 5200 games, all commons I think, Dig Dug, Pac Man, Super Breakout, and Centipede. Just the carts but you cant beat paying 2 bucks for those games.

Nice finds!!

Welcome to the boards and the to the world of game collecting. Go here http://www.rfgeneration.c...on=display;num=1086703181 to introduce yourself.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #429 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:22 PM »

Indeed great finds and welcome to the site Smiley

I never see any Atari stuff and if i do it is insanle priced. Well the systems anyways.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #430 on: August 31, 2005, 03:56:15 AM »

Thanks. My brother and I go to a local flea market every weekend and I usually get some good deals. Like a few weeks ago I got a box with a colecovision with vcs adaptor and an atari 5200 4-port with two controllers and a trackball controller. I paid 5 bucks.  It seems that so many people (at least in my area) are focusing on 8 bit systems and up and almost give away anything that was before the NES.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #431 on: August 31, 2005, 05:21:01 AM »

Yeah, the problem with living in this area is that there are quite a few big collectors around here, and several dozen smaller collectors which all seem to be on the look out for pre-NES stuff.  It can be tough to find atari and Colecovision stuff for cheap.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #432 on: August 31, 2005, 08:48:48 AM »

though if you think about it, with as old as that stuff is it's amazing that it turns up at all.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #433 on: August 31, 2005, 04:28:14 PM »

I got the following CIB for a total of $50 at Goodwill today:

Game Boy
Game Boy Rechargeable Battery Pack/AC Adapter
Golf (Game Boy)
Super Mario Land (Game Boy)

The only problems were that the Game Boy was missing Tetris (but I had a copy of that) and the battery was missing a cord (but I had an extra), so there really weren't any problems at all.

|D |D |D

- Zac
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #434 on: August 31, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »

Very cool.
I naver see Gameboy games CIB.
Hardly ever see them with a box or manual actually.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length