RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 10, 2024, 04:16:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1182381 times)
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »

Also i just notced that the bottom shelf especially is bending in the middle. May want to add another of those little L bracket supports there.

I would, but there isn't a stud to put a bracket in.  The places where the brackets are is where the studs are, so I guess that will have to do.

- Zac
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2005, 04:20:16 PM »

I would, but there isn't a stud to put a bracket in.  The places where the brackets are is where the studs are, so I guess that will have to do.

what happens when you get 1 more N64 game?

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2005, 04:55:11 PM »

what happens when you get 1 more N64 game?

I'm probably going to keep my N64 collection right around the 36 that my shelves hold right now.  If I end up needing more room, I'll make more shelves.

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »

Use a wall anchor.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2005, 07:53:40 PM »

Use a wall anchor.

Hmmm...sounds like a good idea...

*ponders*

- Zac
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2005, 11:48:01 AM »

Blockbuster has a buy one, get the 2nd half off deal going on for used titles. I picked up Jet Set Radio Future and Outlaw Volleyball for a combined price of $15 plus tax. Is that a good deal?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2005, 12:19:20 PM »

Is that a good deal?

If you think it is then yes it is a good deal.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2005, 01:10:48 PM »

If you think it is then yes it is a good deal.

I'll rephrase the question to specify my intentions:

Given the nature of said deal from Blockbuster, does the reputed value of said 2 games warrant paying a total price of $15 plus tax? Or, could said buyer (me) have found a better deal elsewhere for said games?

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2005, 07:04:52 AM »

If you searched for a while you probably could have found better deals, but I think you did pretty well there.

Oh, and last night I got a complete copy of Game and Watch Gallery 3 for Gameboy color for $3.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2005, 09:23:32 AM »

ike they said if you search chances are you could find a better deal but in the end if you are satisfied with your purchase that is all that matters.

Very nice find on the complete  Gameboy Game for 3 bucks Sauza

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2005, 11:11:23 AM »

Sauza and Izret,

Thanks. That's the kind of feedback I meant. It sounds like I should've shopped around a bit more.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2005, 12:24:48 PM »

were they complete with case and manual? if so, $7.50 for an Xbox game is a good deal. shopping aroung around might have have saved you a couple bucks... maybe. you also could have gotten a cheaper price on ebay, but then you'd have had to pay shipping so it's a wash.

if the cases were the BB rental cases let me know. there is a local rental shop near me that sells the empty cases for a quarter a piece. I can get you some green ones.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2005, 12:36:54 PM »

both were complete with cases and manuals. i'll check to see if they were the BB or the original green cases and let you know. i'm fairly sure that i'll need at least 1.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2005, 01:47:18 PM »

Ya Den brings up another good point. ou may have found a better deal elsewhere but the cost in time/gas or shipping IMO would have outwieghed the 2-3 extra bucksyou may have saved.

I picked up The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game Of the Year Edition.
There has only been one at that Blockbuster for awhile and it has been bugging me.
So after getting pissed that a cashiers check from the bank was 4 dollars extra charge and none of the gas stations around me did money orders (everyone said that the other places did though)

It cost me 20 bucks though so not much of a score.
There goes my first "paycheck" since last summer...

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »

I picked up The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game Of the Year Edition.

That game is incredible.

Also, I got an Atari 2600 for $30 today.  It works just fine, but it doesnt play the games without the little cover over the pins.  I don't know why this is...but I don't know a lot about Atari 2600's, so if any of you would happen to know why this is, I would be very grateful if you could fill me in.  Thanks!

- Zac
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length