RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 06:26:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1160021 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5040 on: March 17, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »

and maybe you can start moving into being a sealed snob Wink
I hate sealed games.

They just...defeat the whole purpose of games. I have no problem with people seeking CIB/mint games with all the inserts and whatnot. Atleast the games are opened and you can actually play them. But a sealed game is...sealed. If you've never looked inside, how do you know that the cart (or what you think is a cart) is a cart of the actual game of the box it's in? Or that it works? The truth is that you can't know 100% because nobody has ever opened it and looked inside.

I found a sealed PSone game at my local flea market about a month ago (not that special, I know) and not for a second was I thinking about leaving it sealed. I wouldn't even leave a 25 year old sealed game sealed. Especially if it's that old, I'd still want to open it and see what's actually inside. It's like a small trip to the past, you know. Opening a sealed NES game now would (for just a moment) transport you back to when NES games were still being sold and when people were still opening them. It's like going back in time. (Tongue)

To some extent I can understand people who collect sealed action figures. Those usually come in see-through boxes so you can atleast look at the doll and know that it's there. Wink But a sealed NES/SNES/Atari game is just money down the drain imo.

(Please don't take this too seriously because obviously I realise that a sealed game will never loose its value so it's not really money down the drain seeing you can always sell it for the same amount or even more)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5041 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »

I hated sealed games also but I really have no reason to open this 360 unless both or my other ones take a crap. Plus I might get an Arcade edition to keep at a friends house so i have that one as a back up also.

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5042 on: March 18, 2009, 03:37:18 AM »

If not for work, I'd be a very very happy camper.  This is almost enough to make up for only having 2 days off out of the past 18.

[img width=550 height=413]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/FuyukazeFK/tn_PICT0040.jpg[/img]

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5043 on: March 18, 2009, 08:02:07 AM »

^ Nice finds! Smiley
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5044 on: March 18, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »

I hated sealed games also but I really have no reason to open this 360 unless both or my other ones take a crap. Plus I might get an Arcade edition to keep at a friends house so i have that one as a back up also.

I don't collect sealed games at all. I may have 6 or so, with some of those being the BK 360 releases. I have every intention of opening those puppies sometime down the line. I would keep the RE5 sealed. I bought a brand new NES Ed GBAsp when they were initially relased and it will stay sealed. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5045 on: March 18, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »

I've got a handful of sealed games too. Not something I normally go out of my way to find. When I bought some Dreamcast games from Izret a few of them where sealed, but came with doubles so I can still play the games and keep a sealed copy as well.

Also bid on a sealed copy of Perfect Dark 64 for .99 w/ free shipping becuase thats all I had in my paypal account and actually won it.

And I'm probably gonna keep my Club Nintendo Game & Watch Collection sealed because I dont have much desire to actually play it.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5046 on: March 18, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »

I've got a handful of sealed games too. Not something I normally go out of my way to find. When I bought some Dreamcast games from Izret a few of them where sealed, but came with doubles so I can still play the games and keep a sealed copy as well.

Also bid on a sealed copy of Perfect Dark 64 for .99 w/ free shipping becuase thats all I had in my paypal account and actually won it.

And I'm probably gonna keep my Club Nintendo Game & Watch Collection sealed because I dont have much desire to actually play it.

Pretty sure i have 1-2 Perfect Dark sealed copies floating around.
Its probably the easiest game to get sealed. I bought 3 copies for 99 cents each at TRU 3 or so years ago.

I just don't break the seal on a game until i want to play it. So i still have quite a few games sealed. I would have probably 30-50 more but my brother opened up TONS of my sealed PSX/Xbox/PS2 games while i was gone :-/

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5047 on: March 18, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »

Only sealed things I have are the entire Camerica Aladdin collection for NES including th adapter.

Running out of games to buy.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5048 on: March 18, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »

Only sealed things I have are the entire Camerica Aladdin collection for NES including th adapter.

I have those as well for now. I need to sell them

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5049 on: March 18, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »

I have those as well for now. I need to sell them

Me too. Totally slipped my mind about those.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5050 on: March 18, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »

I just bought Disney Sing It with the mic for 14.98 on Amazon. It is the deal of the day. I also bought Winter Sports 2 which is a Amazon exclusive. Oh those are both for the Xbox 360.

Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5051 on: March 18, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »

damn nice score on splatterhouse and Brainlord. I use to own Brainlord, need to get it back just to sit and collect dust.

jamespmt
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #5052 on: March 18, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »

Ditto

nes - licensed - 5 to go.

Flintstones: Surprise, Jimmy Connors Tennis,
L'Empereur, Little Samson, Stadium Events
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #5053 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34:47 PM »

Ditto

If I ever get this, I'd no doubt keep it sealed.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5054 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »

Its only a remake of 3 old school handhelds anyways.
Nintendo cheated people on that one they could have fit EVERY Game and watch game onto a DS card.
But now people will have to spen another 800$s to get enough points to buy the second collection.

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length