RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2024, 02:17:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1161604 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #3945 on: September 06, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »

Well it was my birthday on the 4th and my old roomate sent me a little present. He found Electroplankton at Gamestop for $60!!  I think its more than a little absurd to pay that much for a ds game, even one released in such little numbers, but he bought it and sent it to me.  The weird part is hes a collector too, but instead of keeping it for himself he sent it to me. 
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3946 on: September 06, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Indeed. The disc isn't in the greatest shape, but the game was complete in box so I figured what the hell. If it was not the game it is and not worth that much on ebay, I wouldn't bother getting it. Since it is Einhander and because it goes for absurd amounts on ebay, I couldn't refuse. Luckily the game played  just fine in my PS3.

Usually in situations like this that involve a really valuable or sought after game, I'll sell my grubby copy on eBay and re-buy a better one. Not sure if that's your cup of tea though...
I won't do that because I'm too damned lazy. Cheesy

Well it was my birthday on the 4th and my old roomate sent me a little present. He found Electroplankton at Gamestop for $60!!  I think its more than a little absurd to pay that much for a ds game, even one released in such little numbers, but he bought it and sent it to me.  The weird part is hes a collector too, but instead of keeping it for himself he sent it to me. 
Sounds like a little much, even for Electroplankton. But still, it's a neat "game".

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3947 on: September 06, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »

A quick Ebay search showed that $60 is about the normal for Electroplankton. I didnt find any cheaper but quite a few that cost more after shipping costs.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3948 on: September 06, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

What seemed to be the worst day for collecting for me turned out to be a great one:
Super Smash Bros: $10 N64
Tetrisphere: $10 N64
Topgun: Danger Zone: $2.99 MSDOS
NHL Powerplay '96: $2.99 Saturn
All Star Baseball '97 Feat. Frank Thomas: $2.99 Saturn
Bug!: $2.99 Saturn
Corpse Killer: Graveyard Edition (A sequel you say...): $2.99 Saturn

Pretty good finds I'd say.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3949 on: September 06, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »

All for .99 cents at Play n Trade (plus 10% off thru a promo)

N64
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Pokemon Snap

Genesis
Light Crusader
F-15 Strike Eagle II
F-22 Interceptor Advanced Tactical Fighter (CIB)

At the flea market:
Game Gear w/ AC tap and Sonic the Hedgehog $4
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3950 on: September 07, 2008, 05:26:53 AM »

Great finds Feechy and blckblskt (pfew, hard name to type Tongue) Smiley
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3951 on: September 07, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »

Good day for games for me, even though I won't have time to play them much...  I bought some new and used stuff.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/MrKsoft/photos/100_3152.jpg[/img]

Gamecube:
F-Zero GX (used) $8
Viewtiful Joe [Player's Choice] (new) $10
Viewtiful Joe 2 (used) $3

PC:
Spore (new) $50 (I've been waiting for this for years! Cheesy)

Also, not pictured:
Wii stuff:
Wii Fit (new) $90 (my mom has been wanting it for a while and finally found a copy)
We Ski (new) $30 (my mom also wanted this for use with the balance board)
2000 Wii Points card (Now I can get Megaman 9 when it comes out, w00t!)

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3952 on: September 07, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »

Gamecube:
F-Zero GX (used) $8
Viewtiful Joe [Player's Choice] (new) $10
Viewtiful Joe 2 (used) $3

PC:
Spore (new) $50 (I've been waiting for this for years! Cheesy)
Nice finds Smiley

I was looking at Spore myself today when realising I don't have the money for it right now Sad
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3953 on: September 07, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

I wanted Spore a lot when I first heard of it. Suddenly it's snuck up on me and been released. Shocked

Too bad it only limits you to three activations per licence... or so I heard from some bloke off the internet. If you install it three times you will need to buy another one for ~$50
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3954 on: September 07, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

Too bad it only limits you to three activations per licence... or so I heard from some bloke off the internet. If you install it three times you will need to buy another one for ~$50
That would be lame. Isn't it enough that you have to put the disk in for playing a game?
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3955 on: September 07, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »

If you run out of activations I think you can call EA and apparently there are certain reasons that they will allow you to make more installations (reformats and etc.).  I guess their method makes sense, though, because you don't need the CD to play the game.  It's also better than their original idea of having it have to authenticate online every 10 days.

But of course, in the far future when Spore is no longer produced, we'll all have to use hacks that remove the activations.  Although, really I hate having to use them for games I legally purchased.  (This is probably why this is the first PC game I've bought in almost 3 years... I don't like putting up with that stuff often, and my computers and their poor quality drives tend to reject legit discs as copies, so I stick to consoles.  But I couldn't pass up Spore.  No way.)

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3956 on: September 07, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

Today's flea market scores:

Mario Kart Double Dash!! and GC controller - $10

Sonic the Hedgehog (CIB, not for resale) - $2

Game Boy with a "Handy Boy" light/screen manifier - $2

MK:DD is practically new.  The guy said it was played once, and I believe him; everything was flawless.  Even the inserts were still in the original packing order.
MrFizzle
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3957 on: September 07, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

today at a goodwill i bought
a jungle green n64
clear green controller
red controller
2 memory cards
6 games:
Roadsters
F-zero X
Donkey Kong 64
007 Goldeneye
Starfox 64
South Park

all for $50

also there was an old gamestop receipt taped to the back of goldeneye

* P1010342.JPG (81.86 KB, 615x820 - viewed 219 times.)

* reciept.JPG (31.97 KB, 438x676 - viewed 208 times.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:59:11 PM by MrFizzle » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3958 on: September 07, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »

If you run out of activations I think you can call EA and apparently there are certain reasons that they will allow you to make more installations (reformats and etc.).  I guess their method makes sense, though, because you don't need the CD to play the game.  It's also better than their original idea of having it have to authenticate online every 10 days.
I'd rather have it that you have to put in the dvd each time you want to play rather than this.

It's nothing special to install a game more than 3 times over the years. (new PC, reformats, installing it on another PC, ...)
I hope EA will drop this restriction when the game is 5 years old or something, otherwise people will have to resort to cracks just to play a legal game.

@MrFizzle: Very nice deal! Smiley I was doubting about the clear green N64 for a while when it was up on eBay but went for the regular grey one in the end.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3959 on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:47 AM »

I picked up Spore Creatures on the DS for £12, new and sealed. Morrisons are having a special on top chart games. All chart DS games are £12. Everywhere else is over £25, so £12 for a game released just a few days ago is pretty good.

It's not too bad so far but the tutorial is dragging it a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length