RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 06:24:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1182027 times)
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2005, 10:59:50 AM »

Some Genesis finds at lunch for a $1 each

Joe & Mac in box
Goofy's Goofy's Hysterical History Tour in box
Aladdin in box
Tale Spin complete
Subterrania in box
Sonic 2 in box (marked MegaDrive on box and cart)

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

I found Daedalus Encounter for the 3DO at lunch today. It was $3.99

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2005, 04:23:14 PM »

I stopped at Blockbuster/Game Rush on the way home and found a bunch of SNES games. They were buy 2 get one free and all priced at 99 cents. for $8 bucks I got:

Tetris Attack
Star Trek: TNG
The Irem Skins Game
Space Ace
King of the Monsters
Super Pinball: Behind the Mask
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
Side Pocket
Tommy Moe's Winter Extreme
Flashback
Super Smash TV

all loose

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2005, 08:19:51 AM »

Yesterday, I went to Hollywood Video (one that didn't have a GameCrazy), and they have a 4 games for $20 deal going on for Xbox, GameCube, PS2, and they even had some PS1 games.

I picked up the following 4 games for Xbox (in video DVD boxes, no instructions):

Moto GP 1
Bloodrayne
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tony Hawk Underground 1

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2005, 08:29:58 AM »

damn! that's cheap. do they at least have the front and back covers? for $5 a pop I can deal with no instructions.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2005, 09:54:28 AM »

damn! that's cheap. do they at least have the front and back covers? for $5 a pop I can deal with no instructions.

Unfortunately, per the deal you have to buy exactly 4 to get them for the total $20 price. They won't let you purchase them at $5 each. I don't understand why not.

They all have the front covers, but I think only one of them has the back cover. Hollywood must have a separate printing contract for games, because the backs are formatted to only give you the basic game controls, a brief description, and the # of players in place of the original box art. The theory is that this would save them $ on instruction books, but if they have to buy the games anyway in order to rent them out, they should still have the books laying around somewhere! A weak policy.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »

I'm sure I could find 4 games to meet the deal. The packaging issue would keep me away. I'm pretty picky out completeness for CD games. A missing manual is okay but I need to at least get complete box art.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2005, 01:09:22 PM »

if they have to buy the games anyway in order to rent them out, they should still have the books laying around somewhere! A weak policy.

Try asking sometimes they have them.
I have gotten original cases from them but the only time i asked for manuals the trash had gone out the dfay before.
Stuffed with manuals  :-/ Shocked Cry

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2005, 04:22:55 PM »

Try asking sometimes they have them.
I have gotten original cases from them but the only time i asked for manuals the trash had gone out the dfay before.
Stuffed with manuals  :-/ Shocked Cry

Yea, that's how I got around 700 new NES manuals for 5 bucks Wink  Rental places are the best for minty fresh manuals Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2005, 05:09:50 AM »

I did ask. Unfortunately, they did not have them. But I've tested the games and they all work fine. I also asked a couple of friends that used to work for Hollywood and they both said that Hollywood buys games in bulk and that they only receive an instruction book for 1 of the copies. This only applies to the video store, though, I'll have to check to see if a GameCrazy might have them and if they'd be generous enough to provide copies if I show them my receipt. It's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for the manuals elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 05:15:23 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2005, 07:05:57 AM »

You might want to try going to the manufactures website.  Sometimes they have replacement manuals and cover inserts for a few dollars.  I know that Atlus does that.

But anyways, back to finds.  What is the best find you can have when you are trying to save money?  That's right free stuff!  My little sisters boyfriend gave all of this to me for free (I think I've done something to terrify this guy.  He has been acting strange around me lately)

Tony Hawk 3 (PS2)
Twisted Metal:  Black (PS2)
WWF Smackdown:  Just Bring It (PS2)
and a loose Genesis model 1
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2005, 08:00:06 AM »

he must have seen your King Pimp ID card. I know that scared me.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2005, 02:06:50 PM »

NES - Tecmo Bowl loose - I had the box already, so now all I need is the manual for a CIB

Genny - Mike Ditka Power Football - CIB

both were free ... some guy where my dad works gave them to him and said not to worry about paying him for them...the cost him like $0.89 a piece

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2005, 04:06:45 PM »

Target is clearancing those Tetris Plug & Play's. I picked one up today for $6.18

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2005, 10:36:21 PM »

Today I stopped at my friends Game stop and got 3 X-Box games, 1 PS2 Demo and a PSX game.

After that I went to 2 thrift shops and a pawn shop and got the following. At the thrifts I got 3 CIB CD-i games and a Myst boardgame. At the pawn shop I got a 2600 with 85+ games, 2 CIB Geneis games and 3 Intelli games.

Some of the rarer 2600 games are Taz and Gremlins with the manual. Out i the 85 games i needed only 5 of them.

I am very happy.  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length