RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 06, 2024, 06:21:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | the small score's thread 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: the small score's thread  (Read 1179563 times)
Xevious
Virtual Boy
Norway

WWW Stats
« Reply #1275 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:40 PM »

More NES games for me in the mail  |D

Rollergames
and
Swords and Serpents

Both CIB and unused, PAL-B/SCN

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1276 on: May 31, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

The Goodwill in my town charges a flat rate of $5 for all console video games. This would be nice if there were ever any games that were either rare or ones I wanted, but 80% of them are SMB/DH. The rest are barely better then that. So I say "Darn Goodwill! Darn them all to heck!" |D
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #1277 on: May 31, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »

My Goodwill charges a flat rate of $2 per game....This would be nice if they ever had any games to sell....The last one they had was an EA sports title for the genny.
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #1278 on: May 31, 2006, 08:08:31 PM »

Hell the last Goodwill I went to had SMB/DH carts for 4.99 each. Another local thrift had a Genesis model 2 for teh bargin of $44.99 and a Saturn for $49.99.

We must shop in the same stores.  yuck

Found this today at a flea:

Complete NES System and these loose games:
Mario 3
Kings of the Beach
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Mafat Conspiracy
Cybernoid
TMNT III

All for about $30...a little pricey for me, but I haven't seen anything in the wild in a very long time.  I couldn't help myself and had to buy them.  Tongue

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1279 on: June 01, 2006, 05:00:11 AM »

OK, I think I've figured out my picture problem.  If I post my pictures to my Yahoo account it significantly reduced the file size.  Don't why but it works.  When I resave them from my Yahoo pics it saves them as the same file size as on the Yahoo site so without further ado here are the pics of the Mario Camera I got awhile back and I promised pics of:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1280 on: June 01, 2006, 05:02:07 AM »

Pic #2.  When I get home I'll post pics of the awesome Mario Phone I got.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1281 on: June 01, 2006, 12:59:09 PM »

that's pretty cool. I've got a camera with an N64 logo on it. not as cool as that Mario one for sure.

Nukie
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1282 on: June 01, 2006, 01:34:33 PM »

Just a few days ago I scored a complete LOZ board game in amazing condition.  Only thing I could see wrong was standard shelf wear.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1283 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:29 PM »

Just a few days ago I scored a complete LOZ board game in amazing condition.  Only thing I could see wrong was standard shelf wear.

Cool, I'm hoping to find one of those someday as well.  I've come across some other board games from video games such as Pac-Man and such, but they were always very overpriced.  

Also nice camera shaggy!  Do you know if those were give out for free as a marketing stunt or did you actually have to buy them?  

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Xevious
Virtual Boy
Norway

WWW Stats
« Reply #1284 on: June 02, 2006, 07:02:01 AM »

New day, new games:

PSX:

Grand Theft Auto: Collectors' Edition
(m/GTA, GTA2 & GTA London) - MINT

NES:

NES System

Chip'n Dale (loose)
Cobra Triangle (w/box)
Journey to Silius (w/box)
Little Nemo the Dream Master (w/box)
Pro Wrestling (w/box)
Super Spike V'Ball (w/box)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (loose)

All PAL-B/SCN

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1285 on: June 02, 2006, 09:02:23 AM »

Nice wins Xevious!

I got a lot of stuff in the mail today as well, 6 pretty large packages to be exact!  I don't think I've ever received that many packages on the same day before Smiley

Pics of the stuff I got:

Games:
http://i6.photobucket.com...cent%20finds/DSCN6249.jpg

Accessories & Action Set:
http://i6.photobucket.com...cent%20finds/DSCN6252.jpg

Highlights are, of course, the NES accessories Cheesy

I also got this stuff in the other day that I managed to get for a pretty decent price, but it is all going for resale since it's all PAL:

http://i6.photobucket.com...cent%20finds/DSCN6250.jpg

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1286 on: June 02, 2006, 09:06:41 AM »

Hit up a community yard sale today at lunchtime.  Here's what I got:

PS2:
Pacman World 2
Splinter Cell
Risk

NES:
F-15 Strike Eagle

Genesis:
PGA Tour 2
Bill Walsh College Football 95

SNES:
Sunset Riders

Got it all for $6.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1287 on: June 02, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »

Picked up Max Payne for Xbox, CIB at Gamestop: $2.85.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1288 on: June 02, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »

holy crap! I haven't bought a game in over 10 days.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #1289 on: June 03, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »

holy crap! I haven't bought a game in over 10 days.

laugh

Found quite an odd assortment of crap last night.  Went to visit my wife's grandmother in this tiny, tiny little town.  Apparently, there's an auction house in that tiny, tiny little town and there's a huge auction every Friday night.

So, just for the helluvit, I go...and find a few video game items.  One of the video game things I spot is a broken Xbox and figured, what the hell, I'll bid on it.  Got heated between me and two other guys, but my bid of $20 won out.  Yeah!  A broken Xbox...well, figured I could tinker with it and maybe replace the Thompson that's probably inside it.

Later on, I go to the auctioneer's office to pick up my Xbox and find out, for $20, I also got all of this:

Broken Xbox with all connections
Broken Xbox controller
MX Unleased for Xbox
Exhibition Vol. 5 for Xbox
Three ceramic figurines
Two Thermos lunchboxes
A kid's antique metal bank
A box of misc. nuts, bots, and screws
Some sort of Happy Meal toy
A working adding machine
Talking Computron (1987 - need to look into this a little more)
A kids work/play bench
Some piece of stage lighting equipment
A working microwave

Apparently the Xbox was part of a much larger lot of stuff...and I bought it all...for $20.

So, I get home and get a better look at this Xbox.  It looks like it's been kept in a barn or something.  Sticky, nasty, scratched up and smelly.  Plug it in and it immediately starts flashing yellow (thank God it wasn't red).  The CD door acts like it wants to open but can't.  I can see there's something stuck inside it.  Somehow I'm able to pry out very carefully a Backstreet Boys CD someone jammed into the poor thing.

Plug the Xbox back in and still get the yellow flashing light.  Check the connections and they're fine, but extremely nasty/sticky/gross.  So, I sit and clean the thing for about an hour...plug it back in...success!  |D

I cleaned the controller, too, and it works nicely.  Interestingly, on the Xbox, someone saved a bunch of Skynyrd songs...cool!  So, I turn up Sweet Home Alabama, dance around my Room of Doom, celebrating the nice little find I came across.

I asked one of the auctioneers how often they get things like that in and he tells me "every Friday.  Sometimes stuff like that gets thrown away because nobody wants them."  Ok, so I'll be making a trip to this tiny, tiny town every Friday from now on.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 10:08:51 AM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length