RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:16:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | wondering how much to pay for a JVC X'Eye Sega CD Genesis System 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: wondering how much to pay for a JVC X'Eye Sega CD Genesis System  (Read 4247 times)
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

The system right now is 175 but I am thinking the dealer will negotiate.  The system comes Complete in original box with all original hookups,and all original paperwork,manual.  Just wanting to know what other people might pay for it since I have never seen one. thanks
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

Seems like an awful lot to me. Granted, the only market gauge I have is eBay, but the last one to sell with the box there went for ~$106.

If it's new or like-new, maybe $175 is reasonable, but unless you can talk him down quite a bit, I might let this one go.
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »

Thank you for the honesty.  I am trying to get him down to around 100 but I think he might be a collector and thats always tuff
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »

$100 is what I would shoot for.

Is he possibly open to a trade?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:55:09 AM »

I agree with Bad Enough Dude here. Try to get him down to $100; if he don't want to then let it go. There'll always be another chance to get the system. Smiley
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 08:36:07 AM »

Thanks for the help.
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »

Agree, unless you MUST have the box and paperwork. $120 seems right for one like new in box. If you just want the system, keep searching. I have seen some sell as low as $70.

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »

Agree, unless you MUST have the box and paperwork. $120 seems right for one like new in box. If you just want the system, keep searching. I have seen some sell as low as $70.

There were a couple that sold in the $50s on eBay recently.
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

He just lowered the price to 135 for me and the system has all its paper work a few games and is perfect.  What do you think now?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »

Hmmm, still sounds a lot to me. It depends on how much you want it though. It's "only" the price of 2.2 new games so it's not that bad when you look at it that way.

When you say "has all its paper work", do you also mean it's in its box?
ItellYaHuat
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

That is a lot. I would only pay 100 for that as well. Problem is I see the prices for the just skyrocketing so collectors are following that trend and doing the same. When I bought a CIB Genesis CDX on ebay with about 10 complete Sega CD games and a copy of Lethal Enforcers for the Genesis (just the gun and cart) it cost me about $175. Call me crazy but I paid that price when I had a huge surplus of cash. I checked about 3 months later on ebay just to see how much the CDX is alone and it was even higher than $175 to get it CIB alone. Collecting seems a lot harder nowadays. In the meantime, take a few trips to a local flea market or find garage sales while your bargaining from the collector. If all else fails and you can't find one in the meantime then you can go for it if you want, after you convince him to lower the price of course.
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

When I say it comes with all the paperwork I mean it is totally complete in the box along with paperwork.  It also comes with 4 games too. 

The trend right now on video games is that they are increasing in price a ton.  Right now at my local video game store they are charging three dollars for sports games on Nes and 4 dollars for atari games.  I try to find stuff out in the wild but it is way to hard and some stuff I feel like I will never find.  Thanks for the help guys.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »

$135 is a little better. Can you afford to spend the cash now without being strapped for a bit?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

When I say it comes with all the paperwork I mean it is totally complete in the box along with paperwork.  It also comes with 4 games too. 

The trend right now on video games is that they are increasing in price a ton.  Right now at my local video game store they are charging three dollars for sports games on Nes and 4 dollars for atari games.  I try to find stuff out in the wild but it is way to hard and some stuff I feel like I will never find.  Thanks for the help guys.

Wow. I feel lucky. At the classic place here, they still charge $0.99 for a common 2600 game.

Tell me about your variants...
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

It is getting pretty out of control on how much people are charging for games especially on craigslist.  No way am I going to pay 10 dollars for a common nes game or 80 dollars for an n64. 

This guy has now lowered to 130 and I have almost got him low enough I might buy it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length