RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 10:24:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Classic Home Video Games Vol. 2 *UPDATE* 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Classic Home Video Games Vol. 2 *UPDATE*  (Read 1116 times)
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:46:48 AM »

For those of you who have asked, here's an update on Classic Home Video Games Vol. 2:

I put the manuscript in the mail today, which means the book should be out sometime in late 2009, maybe as early as the fall.

The book includes descriptions/reviews of every U.S.-released game for the Atari 7800 (updated/revised/expanded from Vol. 1), the NES, and the Sega Master System. The entries are longer than those in Vol. 1, with most falling between 125-185 words. When possible, I compared the games to their arcade, computer, and other-console counterparts, and plenty of historical data is included as well.

The book also includes an introduction by Bill "The Game Doctor" Kunkel, which I'm really excited about. As a teenager, I eagerly devoured every issue of Electronic Games Magazine, and I'm honored that he wrote the intro.

One of the pleasures of writing the book was discovering certain titles that I had never played before, such as the surprisingly enjoyable The Ninja for the Master System and the delightful Kiwi Kraze for the NES. And it was fun to revisit old favorites, such as Contra, Mario Bros., and Popeye. And of, course, there were drawbacks as well, such as trudging through such dreck as Hydlide and Wolverine for the NES and the "great" series of sports titles for the Master System.

As soon as I get more info (release date, cover scan, etc.,), I'll let you know.

Thanks to those of you who purchased Vol. 1, helping make a second volume possible.

Brett

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

Advertising?
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »

Advertising?

Updating. About a relevant topic. A number of people in the gaming community have inquired about the book, so I figured this would be the best way to get the word out.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »

The fact that you point out how awful Hydlide is makes me think you know what your talking about. Book sounds interesting. Ill be checking it out!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ColecoVisionist
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 10:33:57 AM »

The fact that you point out how awful Hydlide is makes me think you know what your talking about. Book sounds interesting. Ill be checking it out!!

Thanks!

I've been a hardcore gamer since 1975, when I first played Pong.

NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »

It's not the first time that ive heard of this book, but ill look into checking it out. Sounds good!

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length