RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 07:15:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What is your job now? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: What is your job now?  (Read 23901 times)
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »

I'm a housepet.. I mean housewife!

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »

High School Student

laugh

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 05:44:18 AM »

I've now got a voluntary job working with the maintenance team at the Oxford college my mum works at. Smiley There aren't many jobs going around now and I've been out of work for a long time, which would make it harder for me to get a job. If I do some voluntary work the college doesn't lose anything and I can put on my CV that I've done some work recently. This job is really just to get me back into the routine of normal work. Since I've left school I've only had jobs a few days a week for short hours. Last time I worked an eight hour day was when I was 15.

This job is 8am to 4pm and the commute is an hour drive. That means I have to be up at 5:45am. Sad Luckily I started on Wednesday rather than Monday. That gave me the weekend to recover, instead of a full week of hard work.

I'm doing general maintenance work. On the first day I knocked down a wall board thing, like plaster board but more like stone, under a window in a small alcove, so only a few square feet. I did some painting on Thursday and on Friday I spent four hours sanding down a park bench in the college gardens. It was really peaceful there, away from the buildings and by the river. I lost my enthusiasm after three hours of rubbing, though. When you're not used to exerting yourself it hurts the first few times you do.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 06:33:42 AM »

It sounds like your job is quite diverse. Smiley

But sanding something down is really annoying. I did my bed last summer and even though it took me only 2 days, I was really glad when it was over. Wink
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »

Whatever happened to jackttt?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

Whatever happened to jackttt?
No idea. He hasn't been here for 2 months. A bit strange, because he was quite active at some point.

Let's hope nothing bad happened. Sad
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

Operations Manager for a large janitorial supply company. I oversee the running of the warehouse, logistics, stock control and purchasing.

This souds kind of like my job, well... except for the "large" part. I help customers, order, ship, deliver, pick-up, bitch and cruz the net while doing the above.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »

Sears... Hardware Dept

But mainly I'm a university student Smiley

[img width=572 height=151]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/dotdarkcloud/dontforget.jpg[/img]

"...shut up, shut up, shut up.... You're all nuts! Shut up! Let me talk. " - Free Waterfall Jr.
Wolfman Walt
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »

I'm a security contractor at Fort Knox, a games associate at gamestop, and a volunteer fire fighter.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »

I'm a security contractor at Fort Knox, a games associate at gamestop, and a volunteer fire fighter.

I bet we've run into each other quite a bit and didn't know it.  I'm a cultural resource contractor at Knox and am constantly going in and out the gates...plus I visit every game store in Radcliff, E-Town, and every other small town around there.  Unfortunately, I don't get to work on Knox as much as I used to.

Nionel
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »

I'm a driver for an errand service in Lincoln, NE. We do things like personal shopping and the like, it's pretty cushy and when I'm not out on a job I can just sit around and play video games or watch TV or whatever, as long as I answer that phone when it rings.

CorteXodus
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »

When I joined RFGen I was still working as a web designer for an educator professional development center. I got laid off shortly after GWB got "re-elected" and, after a 4 year stint in a variety of positions at the now defunct CompUSA, I moved on to a PC reclamation company. After fixing like 3000 laptops of various makes and models over the course of 3 months, I was officially/unofficially promoted to leading the Specialized Technicians, Production Technicians, OS image creation, Server environment, and production network. After 1 week of mind-boggling stress I bailed out. I now work as a field technician at a university. It is choice. I love it.

"Anybody seen my glasses?"
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »

PC tech

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

I'm a Combat Medic for the US Army.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »

I'm a Combat Medic for the US Army.

Neat, I don't think I can compete with that.

I am nothing. Tongue

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length