RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 09:25:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's create reviews for games we've never played. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Let's create reviews for games we've never played.  (Read 1043 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« on: December 20, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »

This could be pretty fun. The reviews can be short, long, a few comments, whatever. Doesn't matter, let's just have some fun.

Cory in the House
"Probably the Greatest Game You'll Ever Play"

Cory in the House is just fantastic. There is no way around it. Cory has been entertaining us for years on the Disney Channel, and finally he can entertain us on the Nintendo DS. I don't know about you but when I heard of Cory on the DS I was as giddy as when I go to church (I'm a Catholic schoolboy so I love to go to church). Cory is just, amazing. This game is amazing. This game is perfect.

Cory in the House may seem like your typical platformer but oh no, it is far from it. Cory is out to save the world from an evil scientist who has decided to turn Cory's bobble-head doll of the president, or as Cory likes to say 'the prez,' into a destructive force capable of destroying destructive things such as the world which is destructible.

Cory runs, Cory jumps, and Cory uses his kung-fu action to blast his way through 9 levels of platforming/action goodness reminiscent of a good Jackie Chan meets That's So Raven meets Cory in the House show. Players utilize the touchscreen in such was as to slide their finger across the screen horizontally in order to make Cory karate chop or slide their finger across the screen vertically in order to make Cory do a kung-fu kick. Furthermore, players can blow into the mic and make Cory shoot fireballs from his mouth. Talk about awesome.

The enemies in Cory in the House are extremely varied and well thought out. Typical enemies include ninjas and Russian scientist, but later in the game Cory begins fighting against people he initially thought were his allies. Probably the most impressive boss was the giant robot Raven in which players had to run up to her feet and breath fireballs at her chest. Being a relatively early on boss this heightened players expectations immediately and brought about the sense that this is one of the greatest games ever.

The graphics and music are phenomenal. Cory is detailed brilliantly. Every little detail of Cory's beautiful and masculine body is clearly visible and downright pleasing to look at. When Cory sweats, the sweat drips down his pecs and glistens against his tight abdominals. The music which accompanies the various action is epic and mindblowing. The score is fully orchestrated with cellos, violins, and the clashing of cymbals.

Overall, Cory in the House is a must play. Simply put, you must play this game if you enjoy videogames or enjoy having fun. With a fantastic story, insanely innovative gameplay, amazing graphics, and an unparalleled score, Cory in the House stands leagues above the competition. This game isn't a game; it is an experience, it is an art.

And who can argue? Cory in the House is one of the greatest games ever.
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

Sounds like fun, here I go.

Gun- Gun is a pretty kickin' rad cowboy game where you play as an orphan cowboy who has to avenge his parents. At the beginning you start out in a forest with some happy trees, some townfolk, and the town's baker. Your first quest start's when some injuns stole the baker's cake pan of the apocalypse. So you have to run around for at least 5 hours looking for the cake pan of the apocalypse out of all the pie pans of light. When you find the pan (which is highly unlikely due to it being an optical illusion) the baker will thank you, give you a high five and shot gun blast you through a window. And then you freeze because it get's rather cold in the desert. So then Cowboy Guy (I just named him) wakes up in the future circa 1997. Now Gun has a slight twist, no longer is it a freaky cowboy RPG, but it's a hilarious platformer. You can now help Cowboy Guy steal some N64's and then, when your amount of stolen N64's are high enough you can learn the only attack in the game. And this marvelous attack is the pistol whip. Sure you have fully loaded Winchester rifles, M16s, and an Anti-Aircraft missle, but nothing will make your enemies urinate like being hit with the bottom of a poorly made pistol. Oh yeah, I forgot when you finally master the art of the pistol whip Shigeru Miyamoto turns into a cactus. So he is the final boss. Now this is important, you must pistol whip, IN THIS ORDER: Lady #7, Town Drunk, Sherrif #2, Desperado, and a red house to have a nuke dropped on Siggy-cactus and beat the game. Too bad you're miles away from civilization. Ah well, you had a good run.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the entire soundtrack is by David Bowie which is pretty cool.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
jackttt
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:20:21 PM »

Sorry i may be a little bit off topic.
Its really cool because we younger generation dont have a chance to play these games .The only problem is those games are hard to get and i dont want to play it illegaly.
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:59:18 AM »

40 Winks for the Playstation.

It's a dating simulation where the goal, as you may have guessed is to try and get as many winks as you can from different girls. Of course this is before the days of GTA 4 and getting into cars with hookers so winks is really slang for something a bit more intimate.

Overall the story is a bit lacking but the selection of girls is nice. Clocking in at just over a dozen there is a girl to suit almost every fantasy. Each girl does have her own story but there are a few parts of each that overlap. The writing is fairly well done but seeing as how this was originally a fully Japanese game but you do get instances where you cringe at what you are reading, a personal favorite of mine is a girl suggesting you go back to her place and "Get Winky"

The graphics are typical fare with cut and paste people with little animation. The backgrounds are nicely done though with some movement and a sense that you are traveling around the city with your girl of choice. I wish that they had taken the time to add in more than 2 outfits for each girl as this would have added to the replay value greatly by taking the time to visit each local with each girl.

The music is generally understated but you have been warned that if you upset a girl too much the music amps up to nearly defining levels to show how mad she is. Unfortunately the same can not be said for when you get a "wink" from one of the girls as the music hardly changes at all, in fact I wasn't sure that anything had happened until I saw the increased score in the "Wink-O-Meter"

You almost always have a nice selection of replies to any question that you are asked but I would have liked to be able to ask more questions myself. At times it felt more like a personality test rather than a dating simulator. For the most part you are able to find out the likes and dislikes of your particular girl without too much hassle.

In terms of replay value if dating sims are your thing then this is one of the better ones that has made it's way over to north America just don't expect it to revolutionize the way you view dating sims if you are not already a fan of the genre.

For me I'd give it a 6 overall but an 8 if I haven't gotten any "Winks" IRL recently.

That was actually kind of fun. I may have to do this again.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »

Sorry i may be a little bit off topic.
Its really cool because we younger generation dont have a chance to play these games .The only problem is those games are hard to get and i dont want to play it illegaly.
You can find pretty much anything on the internet if you look hard enough. Wink
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

Patapon:

Patapon, or "that game that looks like LocoRoco" as it's sometimes called, is a quirky rhythm based game that has you commanding a squadrons of bite-sized warriors using drum beats. Actually, I'm not even sure what the point of this game is, it just looks pretty.

10/10

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length