RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 11:23:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PlayStation Home 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: PlayStation Home  (Read 4311 times)
Tan
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »

You are most likely right. Undecided

I'm not into those type of things though, so it doesn't matter much for me personally.

I can see how some people will really like it, but it's not quite all they hyped it up to be as far as seamless interactivity. But really it's stuff like the $0.49 pair of pants that I take issue with. Seems a bit excessive to me.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »

But really it's stuff like the $0.49 pair of pants that I take issue with. Seems a bit excessive to me.
I wouldn't like that either.

Is that confirmed (about the $0.49 pair of pants) or are you just making that up as an example?

I really hope Sony will be smart enough to have atleast 50% of the items for free, otherwise people will be pretty pissed off about having to pay for everything.
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

I think home has good potential but it's still a long way from where it should be. I want to be able to download games and play them on Home like the arcade games. I'd be willing to pay for that. I did buy a Club but apart from that I'm not planning on spending money.

I think that it is a really neat idea but for me I'm too antisocial to talk to people I don't know. I'm not going to go up to some random person and start talking to them.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 11:28:46 AM »

It's fun to just go around and fool around in, and the Uncharted:Drake's Fortune and FarCry 2 areas are pretty awesome as well.

Has anyone tried the arcade games they have in the bowling alley? The echochrome machine they have is pretty darn awesome, but I've become quite addicted to Carriage Return. Sad I want to play the arcade machine in Sully's Bar (part of the Uncharted area), but there are always people using it. D:

For all you people saying that's it's boring, try chatting with a bunch of your friend or other people. That's when it gets fun. Try and start a running man line or something like that. You're not having fun because you're not making it fun. Cheesy

But really it's stuff like the $0.49 pair of pants that I take issue with. Seems a bit excessive to me.
I wouldn't like that either.

Is that confirmed (about the $0.49 pair of pants) or are you just making that up as an example?
It is confirmed. Go to the mall and you'll find that most things there are 49 cents, or 99 for larger things.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:32:15 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »

I want to play the arcade machine in Sully's Bar (part of the Uncharted area), but there are always people using it. D:
Lol, having to wait in a virtual world to do something is pretty crazy. Tongue
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

I want to play the arcade machine in Sully's Bar (part of the Uncharted area), but there are always people using it. D:
Lol, having to wait in a virtual world to do something is pretty crazy. Tongue
It is, and it's the reason why I haven't tried bowling or billiards yet. Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 07:01:58 AM »

It is confirmed. Go to the mall and you'll find that most things there are 49 cents, or 99 for larger things.
Bummer. Undecided

Sony shouldn't call it free and then charge money for every little thing.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 06:22:07 PM »

Bummer. Undecided

But the core experience is free.

Follow me on Twitter
Kimoosabi
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »

Bummer. Undecided

And it's not like you're forced to buy anything. Besides, free services with additional paid content is extremely common. It's called "business".
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 08:57:20 AM »

And it's not like you're forced to buy anything. Besides, free services with additional paid content is extremely common. It's called "business".
I guess you're right.
Tan
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »

Bummer. Undecided

The business model is sound, it's the prices that are ridiculous. I'd like to see what a single fully decked out room would cost besides the $5 fee for a custom setting if that's your thing. 2 couches, 2 lamps and a coffee table and you've already blown $5. I'm guessing closer to $20 if you want a decent room assuming your fine with the freebie clothes your given.

If you could auction or trade your items it wouldn't be so bad. $1 for a digital couch just seems excessive. $0.25 I could understand, 10 cents for clothes sure. $0.50 to $1 for a variation in the colour pallette? Really?

-------
On another note, I spent some time in "Sully's Bar" and managed to play around with some Mercenary platformer or something. Just curious to you PS3 players out there, do all of the PS3 comms sound stuffy like that? As I was walking around the conversations around me sounded terrible, like the headsets were low quality. I know the MGS4 headset is supposed to sound like shit, but do any of them sound decent or it is a quality issue with the chat app itself?
jackttt
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »

I dont have a ps3 yet(getting it soon) the price thing may sounds bad but( the only reason sony do this is to get money) lol. Maybe in the future there are more ad supported stuff and free stuff.BUt i heard you can do some pretty cool things in home with friends .Its just my opinion though.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »

Fun thing to do in home: make a girl character and walk around the plaza.

Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »

I forgot to add how nice it was they added decent facial hair with the last update (1.04). It balanced out the fact they removed voice chat. Any idea what the 1.05 update that came today or yesterday was all about?
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 05:54:20 PM »

Voice chat in your rooms/clubhouse is back.

http://blog.us.playstatio...playstation-home-resumes/

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length