RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:23:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Where to buy video games in the Winter? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to buy video games in the Winter?  (Read 2295 times)
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »

I was hoping that someone could give me some advice as to where to buy video games in ohio in the winter?  There really is no place to go around here and was hoping you guys had an idea of a flea market or video game store.  Thanks
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »

Where in Ohio?  I know we have many here who hail from the Buckeye State that may be able to help you out on where to go.  Oh and welcome to RFGen!!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »

Thanks.  I go to school in southern ohio near Dayton but I visit toledo, akron and columbus almost every other weekend.  I am just mad at the video game stores around here, they charge 15 dollars for super mario brothers 3.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

There's a few decent goodwills and a few thrifts in that area.  Due a search for goodwill locations, and other thrifts.  I don't remember what roads there on but I went to 4 goodwills and one thrift last weekend in that area.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »

I usually take the winter off for my game hunting, because there really isn't much out there. I'll occasionally stop at Goodwill or another thrift if I'm in the area, but I generally don't make a trip just for that.
The only way I've found to get good stuff in the winter months is to frequent the shops daily or at least every other day.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

Retail, retail, retail. After Christmas sales, FTW.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »

There usually is nothing during this time of year. I tend to use online for deals.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

There usually is nothing during this time of year. I tend to use online for deals.

Same here. Craigslist or yahoo groups
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

never really tried yahoo groups.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »

never really tried yahoo groups.
You should, Freecycle is awesome. But you really have to check it constantly. I've gotten a ton of Mac and C64 games and controllers and some NES and 2600 games. I kind of quit checking it constantly though, I try to check at least once a day.

asz22
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »

what are the names of the yahoo groups you use?
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

Well it depends on where you live.  I live in Belleville, IL. in St. Clair County.

So I would just do searches to find them.  Examples of the ones I belong to are:

Belleville Bargains
Belleville Freecycle
St. Clair Swap Shop
Sell My Stuff
St. Louis Freecycle
Granite City Freecylce

You'll just have to experiment with names in the Yahoo Groups page until you find one that is in your area.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length