RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2024, 01:24:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Toy Collectors? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Toy Collectors?  (Read 7305 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »

I've got a bunch of 80's Transformers. I keep meaning to sell them off, but just never seem to get around to it.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »

so much nerf

i think i'm one of the few people who never had any real interest in action figures as a kid, or many other toys for that matter. i mostly stuck with video games, and the only thing that really interested me much was LEGO and K'NEX, which i grew out of fairly completely no later than 12 or 13

This was me too.  I never understood the appeal of action figures and stuck with video games and K'NEX.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »

I would be curious to see everyone's age and whether or not action figures appeal to them. For me, action figures were a big part of my childhood and generation. Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man, etc were huge. Didn't seem that way in the later 80s and early 90s. That generation seemed more build-based with Legos and such.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »

I would be curious to see everyone's age and whether or not action figures appeal to them. For me, action figures were a big part of my childhood and generation. Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man, etc were huge. Didn't seem that way in the later 80s and early 90s. That generation seemed more build-based with Legos and such.

Im 34, so I grew up heavily influenced by the 80's. I love my G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-man and Star wars toys. Always have always will. In fact, I am waiting to get shipped my new MattyCollector Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »

i'm 23, definitely part of that 90s generation
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »

22 myself.  I think the banana is on to something here...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »

26, I was a history nerd alongside my more mainstream Star Wars heavy nerdom. This led to my being into the tiny historical soldiers sold at hobby shops in order to recreate battles (I built a scale model of the Alamo with clay, so I could play with my little dudes on it) which then led to my being interested in Star Wars Micro Machines.

I also frequented garage sales, so I was awash with any 80s toys I could throw into my epic, multi-universe historical battles.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 12:14:38 AM »

I wasn't super big into action figures, myself. I had a few He-Man figures, but that was about it. My childhood faves were Lego space sets and TransFormers. I got the Constructicons one by one over a three month period. Needless to say, I was stoked when i was finally able to complete Devastator. Then I saved up to get Jetfire, which was just a redecoed Veritech/Valkyrie from Robotech / Macross. Which was cool, 'cuz I dug the hell outta Robotech as well. I played with Jetfire until he literally fell apart. He had a pretty good amount of die-cast metal at a time when toys started the transition to all plastic.

I also had several GoBots, most notably the Puzzler combiner that I got on clearance for $5.00. That dude was pretty metallic, too.

Shortly after I got into Star Blazers, I discovered the local hobby shop was selling Japanese Space Battleship Yamato mini-models for $1.00 each. Each came with its own little tube of model glue, and illustrated assembly instructions. Man, were those fun to build. A close childhood friend and I would give them to one another on our birthdays and Christmas for several years.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »

Yeah, I'm 36. I think the early to mid-80's was action figure crazed for sure. I too had Devistator and another multi-Transformer giant that I believe was called Bruticus.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:24:25 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 12:29:15 AM »

I wasn't super big into action figures, myself. I had a few He-Man figures, but that was about it. My childhood faves were Lego space sets and TransFormers. I got the Constructicons one by one over a three month period. Needless to say, I was stoked when i was finally able to complete Devastator. Then I saved up to get Jetfire, which was just a redecoed Veritech/Valkyrie from Robotech / Macross. Which was cool, 'cuz I dug the hell outta Robotech as well. I played with Jetfire until he literally fell apart. He had a pretty good amount of die-cast metal at a time when toys started the transition to all plastic.

I also had several GoBots, most notably the Puzzler combiner that I got on clearance for $5.00. That dude was pretty metallic, too.

Shortly after I got into Star Blazers, I discovered the local hobby shop was selling Japanese Space Battleship Yamato mini-models for $1.00 each. Each came with its own little tube of model glue, and illustrated assembly instructions. Man, were those fun to build. A close childhood friend and I would give them to one another on our birthdays and Christmas for several years.

Wait, wait, WAIT. Did Zag just have a completely normal post? Just plain info, and nothing else? Not even a trusty, 'Late? I'm worried.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »

Wait, wait, WAIT. Did Zag just have a completely normal post? Just plain info, and nothing else? Not even a trusty, 'Late? I'm worried.

Sorry to disappoint.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm 36. I think the early to mid-80's was action figure crazed for sure. I too had Devistator and another multi-Transformer giant that I believe was called Bruticus.

Bruticus is awesome. He is the Combaticon Gestalt/Combiner. I have three of the Decepticon Combiner sets. Devastator, Bruticus and Menasor.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 11:41:53 PM »

Sorry to disappoint.

I expect more. Return to humorous Zagnorch mode.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »

Hey now,

Sorry to disappoint.

I expect more. Return to humorous Zagnorch mode.

Sheesh... I try to be real every once in a while, and this is the thanks I get.

http://www.youtube.com/em...bAI?start=156&end=168

I only have myself to blame I guess.  Sad

- 'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »

It's so awesome I want to post it here too! lol

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/b6fe5b2a-b357-40ed-a673-1af6990bc7f2_zpsdca0bacb.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/IMG_10641_zps9653fe0f.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length